Sigs?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by blare, Mar 1, 2007.

1. blare

blare New Member

As much as I love my Glock 19 I am looking to buy another 9mm just to keep it company. I'm trying to figure out which Sig would be comparable in size, capacity, etc.... but I can't find a good source. So far it seems like the p226 or the p229?

2. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Local gun shop here has a nice 226 for sale. Been seriously thinking about picking it up, apparently it has a factory installed laser pointer, with the actuator located in the pistol grip, right below the magazine release. Fits well in my hand and I like the way it feels, reminds me of my DP51. [-o<
    :left:

3. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Hmmmm. I'll bet that comes in real handy during business presentations! :lol:

4. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Pointer works for me, :D
    Laser sight... well that goes back to my days as an electro-optics Marine

The pointer installed is one of the guide rod replacement ones, I'm hesitant to pick it up for that reason. I like to shoot at least once a week, not sure how well one of those things will hold up under extended use.

5. Foul

Foul New Member

I'm a laser technician myself. Use to work at Litton in Apopka.

Most of the inexpensive diode laser sights don't hold their zero very well under fire. I've already killed one mounted on my Sub2K 9mm.
    They give you a ballpark area of striking, but not very accurate at all.

6. rajl

rajl New Member

The Sig 226 is the standard, full-size 9mm. It is comparable to a G-17 or G-19. The 229 is the compact version of the 226. It's the same way that the P-220 Carry is a compact version of the P-220. Why they gave it a seperate Model number, I don't know.

Sig actually has a lot of add on extras you can buy pre-installed with their pistols too. Night sites are a common addition, so are Crimson Trace grips (grip mounted and operated laser sight).

7. tony218

tony218 New Member

have you looked at the smith&wesson m&p9mm??
    i have one with about 500 rounds through it with no
    problems i love this fine shooting weapon.

8. blare

blare New Member

I actually have seen/held the M&P 9mm. It felt great, but there is something about the Sig that keeps drawing me back in.
    Maybe its the metal frame? It just looks tough enough to be a hammer too.

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

SIGs just don't fit my hand right.

10. Mastino177

Mastino177 Member

PM sent.

Oh, what about a XD 9mm?

11. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

I carry a SIG P228 daily. Unlike what another poster says, it is the P226's TRUE little brother. If you can find one at a good price I would suggest that you buy it. It has 13 + 1 capacity and it excepts the P226 15 round mags which I carry for reloads.

12. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

Have you looked at the Taurus 24/7 pro 9mm (17+1 ammo in mag)?

The .40 has some issues mentionned on boards, but the 9mm is quite a nice toy. It is that one I have and it is quite comfortable and precise. Only thing is the Heine sight. This week, with the help of my friend, we'll paint the white dot with a fluo green color to improve it.

Another one that is nice is the Steyr mA-1.

Thank you

13. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I keep trying to like Sigs, but every time I pick one up in my hand it just feels a little off. Same for the USP Compact. I was going to buy one one day. Had the disposable income for it. I went to the gun shop and held it for a while and it just didn't feel right. As much as I bitch about 1911s they probably fit my hand the best.

14. tony218

tony218 New Member

do some research on the m&p it has a metal renforced polymer frame.