Sigs KB sometimes too.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Adam5, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

2. M249

M249 New Member

My vote is a squib round followed by a normal round, which would blow up just about anything, methinks.

3. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

The OP on GT edited his post and added some details.

I agree, it sounds like a squib and another round fired.

5. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

Looks like a squib, sounds like a squib, it was a squib.

6. LonelyMachines

LonelyMachines Guest

No way could a Sig ever malfunction. That photo must have been doctored :wink:

Actually, I saw the same thing happen to a 2340/.357 in the early 2000's. The cause was a squib, followed by another round in rapid fire. Looked much the same, except the barrel wasn't bent.

Reaction from the guy (who was an instructor) was that he was glad the FRONT of the slide was what gave out, rather than the frame.

This can happen to any firearm. Had a guy the other day who blew up a nice Browning A-Bolt with a 7mm squib. He ended up with stitches in his forehead, but the gun was just destroyed. The only part not broken was the scope.

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Can't you usually tell by the difference in sound/recoil? I know with the rapid fire it may be difficult to, though.

8. rajl

rajl Guest

You can, but until it's happened to you, how do you know what it is you're looking for? Less recoil? How much less recoil is "less enough"?

9. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I think it's a good idea to check if something doesn't feel right anyway.