Sig prices

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Adam5, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'm deep into Sig shopping mode. I've been searching all over the internet looking for the best deal on a used or CPO 9mm Sig. It looks like I can get a CPO 226 or 239 for approx $500+shipping and FFL fee. I see the P6/225's that are W. German Police trade in units going anywhere from $375 to $475+shipping and FFL. DO these prices seem about right to those of you who own Sigs?

2. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I would not recommend purchasing a CPO. They are having problems withe re-finish flaking off and maybe some other issues. I have read on other forums about people having CPOs re-finished and when they stripped off the re-finish (from Sig) there were bad pits and stuff.

Spend a couple of hours researching on SigForum before you make a final decision. Several dealers that sell on that Forum have stopped buying or selling them until Sig resolves the issues.

3. Rolan_Kraps

Rolan_Kraps New Member

My SIG 239 cost me $600, plus the extra mags/holders I got and another $40 for the short trigger (not in this picture). It's a great gun. I carry it often when I don't want the weight of my 229.

[​IMG]

4. LonelyMachines

LonelyMachines Guest

The P225 is a classic Sig, and a wonderful carry gun.

Those prices are good IF the condition is right. Some of the ones I've seen are in really bad shape, while others look barely fired. If you can get a dealer to hand-pick you one at that price, I'd jump.

5. VolGrad

I have been shopping for my next Sig (a 220) and found a really sweet looking 220R Stainless for a really good price. Exchanged a couple of e-mails with the guy. I finally found the first @$$hole on SigForum. I asked some basic questions and rec'd a lecture in return. Basically, told me the age of the weapon was meaningless as they didn't have a shelf life and said I seemed like the kind of person who needed to see what I was purchasing and suggested I go to a gun shop instead. GLADLY. I responded appropriately to his suggestions (all e-mails, not public in his thread) and stated his tone was probably the reason such a fantastic gun (priced to move) was still for sale after a couple of months.

EDIT: Rec'd a reply to my reply. JoeOcala aplogized but then followed up that he thought he had already made it clear to me that he didn't want my business. Not sure what his problem was but I would suggest steering clear of him.

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I believe that I have found what I want. I'm a little hesitant to order a CPO with some of the finish issues that they had lately, but this is sweet. CPO 226 with stainless slide. With a little luck, I can have it in my hand for $550.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=82563236

There are two main issues here. 1st - issues with Sigs CPO program lately. 2nd - I would prefer to use a CC for online ordering instead of sending a MO or cashiers check (it's a trust thing), but the seller does have a 99% positive feedback rating out of 107 transactions on Gunbroker.

7. VolGrad

Didn't you like the 226 Tactical I sent you a link to? If I didn't already have a 226 in 9mm I would order it myself for $630 delivered. New, unfired. Holy crap. I would rather spend the extra $80 and not have to risk the finish issues with CPOs. Just my :2cents: I would think the resale on the Tactical with a threaded barrel would also be a plus.

8. VolGrad

That Two-Tone in the pic looks really nice. Is that a threaded barrel? Anyway, I personally, wouldn't risk the CPO right now.

9. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

My wife warned me about what would happen if I spent more than the $550 that I'm getting for my M&P-9. It wasn't very pretty.......

10. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

That's exactly what I've got, except mine is in .40 and doesn't have a threaded barrel.

I paid $489.99 OTD at the Bass Pro Fall Classic, which was an unbeatable price (hence buying it).

Only issues I've had with my CPO Sig were some mag problems... I had to replace both mag springs because the slide wasn't locking back on empty mags. I also had to replace the recoil spring after I'd put about 2500 rounds through it.

11. M249

M249 New Member

<hijack>
    How do you like that P239 SAS? I've been thinking about that for my CC weapon.
    </hijack>

12. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I don't think it's a threaded barrel. If you look closely at the ejection port area, you can see a little orange. I think it has one of those plastic flags that goes into the chamber that shows that it's empty, and that it's not letting the slide close all the way.

That's probably going to be my second choice. I found what looks to be a very nice condition used (not CPO) 2 tone, with night sights, and 3 mags, but with out paperwork or box that I should be able to get into my hands for the price that I want to pay. It's located about an hour and a half from home, so no FFL fee or shipping. Plus if I pay upon pickup, I can inspect it first, and if it's not as described, walk away with only a little negative feedback on my Auction Arms account.