Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
It looks good on paper. If I didn't already own a couple of Walther PPS pistols, I'd consider it (that and I just purchased a Sig P229 Classic Carry Talo edition, which has depleted some funds).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it just me, or does the grip look a little thicker than the Shield? This wouldn’t be surprising since it’s more like a 1 1/2 stack than a single stack mag.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
Is it just me, or does the grip look a little thicker than the Shield? This wouldn't be surprising since it's more like a 1 1/2 stack than a single stack mag.
It would appear to be (slightly). Sig specs the width at 1.06" whereas the spec sheets for M&P have it at 0.95" - so 0.11" (a little under an 1/8 of an inch) wider for the Sig.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Appears they found a way to pack 10 lb of sheatt into a 5 lb bucket. This will cost Glock a bunch of G43 sales. If I were in the market for such a gun, I would seriously consider one. But if I didn't already have a G43, I doubt I would buy the Sig - mainly because of the $600 MSRP (if I recall).

Glocks are fugly. But the Shield and P365 have the G43 beat, in the fugly department.

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
I'll look into it after SIG releases their 'upgrade' version of the gun in about a year. :cool:

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
I'll look into it after SIG releases their 'upgrade' version of the gun in about a year. :cool:
I think that you mean "voluntary upgrade'....

Sig does have a pretty good track record with their firearms - guns like the P226 and P229 have been subjected to extensive abuse for years. While I was pleased to see Sig's commitment to putting a great trigger in the P320, a gun that fires when dropped on its the butt of it's slide slide isn't a good firearm. Sig knows this - that is why their DA/SA firearms feature firing pin locks and sears to stop the hammers at the intercept notch. I understand that no manufacturer wants to issue a recall, but the P320 should have been recalled and that rear-slide impact test should be a standard factory test.

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
The P365 shits the bed.

·
Administrator
7,145 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts