Sig P290

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Adam5, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

It seem to be heavier than a Kahr PM9, but is a little smaller and has a rail for an optional Sig 'mini laser'.

Actually, it's the same size as a Sig p238.

3. ARMT Guy

ARMT Guy Ordinary Average Guy

Interesting... :-k

Could possibly be a contender in my wife's search for a slim, compact 9mm. Right now, the Kahr PM9 is her top choice, but once there's a chance for her to handle one of these, we'll see what the verdict is.

4. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Great find, Adam! I had heard that Sig was looking at making a 9mm the size of the P238. In fact, I thought that Sig may one day actually come out with a 9mm P238.

It sure will be interesting. I don't know about the DAO business. Same with the P250 as well. Maybe they'll sell different triggers for the P290 so that it can be changed out. I wouldn't mind a DA/SA just like my P229.

If I got one, I'd probably keep it in a holster inside the pocket. Can't wait to hear back the news from it. I'm sure we'll get some reviews on the forum about it.

5. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

Yeah, looks interesting. I saw it on The Firearm Blog this morning. Very sleek looking. I do wonder the price though, it'll need to be good to be competitive.... if its too expensive, i might recommend two PF-9s for the price of one of those.

6. jdh31313

jdh31313 Active Member

This is a great idea...I wish Glock would make a similar pistol and make it here in the U.S.

7. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper New Member

:righton: on that. A micro-compact single stack 9mm with Glock's out of the box reliability for under $500 would do well in my opinion.