Sig Armorer DVD???

Discussion in 'How to' started by VolGrad, Nov 2, 2007.

1. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Anyone have one of these? Is it worth viewing? Can I borrow yours? Seems like the kind of thing that would be nice to watch once, but then never watch again.

I really don't have any plans to do my own mods (don't really need/want any mods except replacing grips) but would like to be more familiar with how the things work. When I take my factory grips off to replace them, there are all sorts of things visible in there. I am paranoid something is going to pop off and I will never know where it is supposed to go.

2. ARMT Guy

ARMT Guy Ordinary Average Guy

Just in case you're not already a SIGforum member, ( your screen name looks familiar, though I could be wrong.. ) I highly recommend taking a peak over in that forum, and look into the 'Armorer' section.

A gentleman named Chris Orndorff put together a very easy to follow, and very instructive video, that can be found for sale through Top Gun Supply, and Brownells.

I would strongly recommend spending the money, ( $20 or $25 bucks ? ) so that way, after watching it, if you had a question on something, you could always refer back to the video again to make sure.

I watched this video a few times before actually attending the factory armorer's course at SIG, and for the first day, I was a step ahead of the instructor, with the right tool in hand, and had already removed, reinstalled, and was ready to remove the part again, by the time the instructor actually got to that part! :lol:

3. VolGrad

I am a SF member. Good advice. I might get one.

4. ARMT Guy

ARMT Guy Ordinary Average Guy

Ahh... I thought your screen name looked familiar. :wink: 8)

5. VolGrad

I just noticed you are in Iraq. Thanks man, for watching our backs. :wink:

6. Henry Bowman

Henry Bowman New Member

The armorers course is WAY more than just taking your grips off. I HIGHLY recommend the AGI Armorers courses. I have several and they are very informative. Someday you will want to take your weapon down for maintenance/repair and these videos do a great job.