Sig 320?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by RedDawnTheMusical, Aug 17, 2016.

1. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Anyone here have feedback on the Sig 320? I keep seeing these firearms come up at stores being shown to shoppers and I've handle one in the store and it felt pretty good (nice grip width, nice trigger, etc.), but I haven't actually shot one yet.

2. Blindeye_03

Blindeye_03 Active Member

Havent shot one yet but the ones I have handled have sweet triggers.

3. RedDawnTheMusical

I really did like the trigger and it leads me to believe that I could shoot it accurately with little effort. I like the modularity of it as well with the drop trigger assemblies that are swappable between the different size version of the gun, easy caliber changes, etc.

4. HCountyGuy

HCountyGuy Well-Known Member

I had a P320C until last year and it was pretty sweet for being one of the first off the line. Great trigger and ergos, really comfortable fit in the hand. The only reason I don't have it anymore is I missed having a P229. If you're after a quality striker-fired gun, get one of these.

I will warn that there have been reports of extractor issues with more recent productions, not sure how widespread they are however. I never had an issue with mine though.

The aftermarket support for this platform is steadily building. Flat-faced triggers and drop-in kits nearing ready for release.

5. RedDawnTheMusical

Thanks for the feedback. I really did like the trigger on it - especially for a DA striker fired polymer (since my EDC is a 1911). From the reviews I've read, the performance has been pretty solid.

6. Arty

Arty Fire for effect

I have two P320c in 9mm and have a little over 1000 rounds through the two of them. They are both very good shooters and highly accurate. The triggers are very good - clean break and good reset. No problems with either of mine, although I have heard of some extractor issues, as HCountryGuy mentioned.

7. RedDawnTheMusical

Interesting. I'll have to look into the extractor issue. I was looking to pickup a compact and full size version.

8. Arty

Arty Fire for effect

In my experience with Sig, if you have an issue like a bad extractor, they will fix it quickly for you.

9. RedDawnTheMusical

Agreed. The only Sig I own is a 1911 (their "Spartan" which is a gorgeous, great shooting 1911), but it has been flawless. From the comments I've seen on 320 extractor issues, all but one that sent their in for repair never had another issue. Others have run thousands of rounds with no issue. Their doesn't seem to be a pattern (year made, manufacturing location, etc.) so it looks to be just luck of the draw.

10. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

11. afibstew

afibstew New Member

I had the Sig P250 pack, the 320 is dimension wise basically the same. The former being double action only and the latter striker fired. I loved the idea of being able to switch out the fire control group into diff. size frames as you can with the P320.

12. johnski

johnski Well-Known Member

Steyr likes the modularity too.. Steyr sues SIG over patent infringement for the removeable chassis.

Steyr's patent:
    A pistol comprising a housing; a barrel slide movably mounted on the housing for movement in a firing direction with respect to a barrel; and a trigger mechanism located, at least in part, within the housing, the improvement which comprises a multifunction metal part removably insertable within said housing, said multifunction metal part being provided with guides for the barrel slide and means for supporting the trigger mechanism, said multifunction metal part and housing are each provided with a transverse hole which receives a shaft for connecting the housing and the multifunction metal part together, the housing has a rear wall which is provided with a recess for receiving a projection on the multifunction metal part the multifunction metal part includes control means for locking said barrel in the barrel slide.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...auer-steyr-patent-infringement-new-army-p320/

better buy one while you can, lol.

13. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I just got back from shooting one with my 13 year old, 9mm full size.

Excellent gun. Very accurate. Ergonomic. Excellent trigger. Easy to shoot.

My 13 year old tried a Glock 19, 17, a Taurus 92 AF, and the Sig 320. He liked the 19 better than the 17, but size was not the reason. He liked the Taurus 92 better than the Glock. Then he shot the Sig P320. He loved it. All smiles. He ate the center out of a target at 21 feet. My wife just posted a video to Facebook, and it should be showing up on my Facebook page right now.

"Don't you want to try the Glock 19 again?"

No.

How about this H&K in 9mm?

No.

Springfield XD?

[-(

The boy proceeded to put a couple hundred rounds through the P320. It is his new favorite gun.

"So, do you think you are going to get one?" he asked me, eager anticipation in his tone.

What, the P320?

Yes . . .

"We'll see."

:lol:

14. tbill

tbill Member

I suspect MP will be purchasing a P320 very shortly. I did about the same with my oldest Grandson. His choice was a M&P 9mm and yes I bought one the next weekend, but I claim Grandfather's immunity.

15. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  16. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

17. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Was at Adventure Outdoors today and the guy told me how hard it is to get ANYTHING related to the 320 right now. He was not hard selling at all IMHO. He said they can not get replacement frames, have 1 conversion kit in stock total, and have been on backorder for nearly everything related to the 320.

18. Feral

Feral Active Member

Probably due to the government contract. I expect that makes finding extra parts difficult as they are slowly arming multiple divisions with the new sidearm.

19. RedDawnTheMusical

That's disturbing that 1) Sig has such a repeatable problem with such a popular model (often used by law enforcement nonetheless) and 2) they seem to be unable to figure out what the issue is. I have a couple of Sig 1911s that shoot flawlessly - not sure what Sig is struggling with on the 229 platform. They made that firearm, reliably, for years.

I still haven't picked up a 320 but I feel it coming. I'm looking to "pull the trigger" (yeah - I know) and get one next month.

20. RedDawnTheMusical

I don't think I could ask for a better review than that. Sold!