Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my wife and I went to Chipotle for some dinner, when after I walked in ordered and paid for our food I noticed they serve alchohol. So as not to incriminate myself, IF I was packin' and we decided to eat outside on the sidewalk would we be breaking the law?

The sidewalk is shared between a few shops including this one and the others don't sell alchohol. The seating is directly in front of Chipotle and provided by them as well. But............ The area is not contained in a fenced in area at all, anyone could walkup and sit in any of those seats.

Oh and no one else was sitting there so I guess I would have escaped the PG law. :roll:
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,872 Posts
You may also want to read Farmer v. State, 1965, while you are over on that page.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GAGunOwner said:
Oh and no one else was sitting there so I guess I would have escaped the PG law.
As silly as it sounds there are PGs where you may be the only person present, there are also places that are not PGs with many people present. :roll:
Yeah like the shooting range. :wink:
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,872 Posts
But a crowded auto auction parking lot is a public gathering, even if it appears from the case that the crowd gathered in response to a shooting, and the defendant was only there in the crowd because the officer ordered him to wait there.

Jordan v. State. It was cited in Burns ("where people were present"), and it is on the Case Law page.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
But a crowded auto auction parking lot is a public gathering, even if it appears from the case that the crowd gathered in response to a shooting, and the defendant was only there in the crowd because the officer ordered him to wait there.

Jordan v. State. It was cited in Burns ("where people were present"), and it is on the Case Law page.
I read these cases before and they got me ticked off a bit.

We gotta change that PG Bovine Scumber.

If something drastic doesn't prevent me from doing so, my wife and I are both finally going to join GCO tonight!
 

·
Token Liberal Hippie
Joined
·
13,680 Posts
Axeman said:
If something drastic doesn't prevent me from doing so, my wife and I are both finally going to join GCO tonight!
And none too soon!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gsusnake said:
Axeman said:
If something drastic doesn't prevent me from doing so, my wife and I are both finally going to join GCO tonight!
And none too soon!
I finally did it tonight and got my wife to do it also. :D Now I can officially complain about our laws without feeling guilty about not doing anything. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
\:D/ But, GS1, would you kindly fix his signature line?
Thank you I have been trying to copy source code and it doesn't work. :oops:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top