Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
68,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Employee Shot at Lithonia Trucking Company Dies

Published on: 10/09/07

An employee of a Lithonia trucking company died Tuesday, hours after being shot in the parking lot of the business, DeKalb police said.

Officer Marcus Hodge said Derick Ware, 36, of Crawfordville, was shot about 12:15 a.m. Tuesday at Brown Trucking Co. on Chapman Road in the Lithonia Industrial District.

Police said Ware was approached by two men who asked him for directions. As he answered them, one suspect shot him several times, police said. Police did not release a possible motive, and no arrests had been made Tuesday evening.

·
Registered
233 Posts
This article is a lie. That couldn't possibly happen in a parking lot... I mean, we're talking about a parking lot. The safest place in the world.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
It had to be a gun fell out of the sky and shot him....cause guns do that. The two asking for directions is irrelevant.

Employers should encourage GFL (or whatever your state calls your CCW permit) to carry. The statistics don't lie, how many of the shootings in the work place have been done by permit holders? How many could have been prevented or deaths reduced by a permit holder...

·
68,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GunNut said:
The statistics don't lie, how many of the shootings in the work place have been done by permit holders?
Millions? Billions?

How many could have been prevented or deaths reduced by a permit holder...
Well, none. The police will get confused and shoot him.

·
Registered
726 Posts
My employer has a policy of no guns on company property. We rent our current office location, and I am not asking my HR whether or not the parking lot of a rented building is considered to be "company property." The less they know, the better.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
oxfat said:
My employer has a policy of no guns on company property. We rent our current location, and I am not asking them whether or not the parking lot of a rented building is considered to be "company property." The less they know, the better.
:-$

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Hell NO

Being a logistics manager, I would never walk out on a dark lot unarmed. I turned down a job with Ruan in Forest Park because you had a high probability of be jacked. Trucking campanies don't like for their drivers to be armed because most of their stops don't allow firearms.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
oxfat said:
My employer has a policy of no guns on company property. We rent our current location, and I am not asking them whether or not the parking lot of a rented building is considered to be "company property." The less they know, the better.
:-$
We have a plausible deniability clause that our Corp. office does not know about. That says as long as you don't tell them you are carrying then its ok. :lol:

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I carry my gun every where and no one needs to know I have it!!!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I told my service manager, "Don't ask, don't tell". Besides, they know that I could have another job within 5 minutes of me walking out the door. So I'm not worried not job scared.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts