Should You Be Disarmed in Your Employer's Parking Lot?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Employee Shot at Lithonia Trucking Company Dies

2. adcurt

adcurt New Member

This article is a lie. That couldn't possibly happen in a parking lot... I mean, we're talking about a parking lot. The safest place in the world.

3. 47Cowboy

47Cowboy New Member

This same stiuation also happend in Forest Park at the ATL airport recently.

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

5. GunNut

GunNut New Member

It had to be a gun fell out of the sky and shot him....cause guns do that. The two asking for directions is irrelevant.

Employers should encourage GFL (or whatever your state calls your CCW permit) to carry. The statistics don't lie, how many of the shootings in the work place have been done by permit holders? How many could have been prevented or deaths reduced by a permit holder...

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Millions? Billions?

Well, none. The police will get confused and shoot him.

7. oxfat

oxfat Member

My employer has a policy of no guns on company property. We rent our current office location, and I am not asking my HR whether or not the parking lot of a rented building is considered to be "company property." The less they know, the better.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:-$

9. triggerman357

triggerman357 Active Member

Hell NO

Being a logistics manager, I would never walk out on a dark lot unarmed. I turned down a job with Ruan in Forest Park because you had a high probability of be jacked. Trucking campanies don't like for their drivers to be armed because most of their stops don't allow firearms.

10. blind_shake

blind_shake Well-Known Member

We have a plausible deniability clause that our Corp. office does not know about. That says as long as you don't tell them you are carrying then its ok. :lol:

11. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

I carry my gun every where and no one needs to know I have it!!!

12. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

I told my service manager, "Don't ask, don't tell". Besides, they know that I could have another job within 5 minutes of me walking out the door. So I'm not worried not job scared.