Should parents be blamed for guns brought to school?

Discussion in 'Georgia In the News' started by Xiclotl, Oct 7, 2010.

1. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Not news. It's an opinion piece, and a poor one at that.

2. AzB

AzB Well-Known Member

Yes, it was poorly written and had an obvious anti-gun bias, not just against the irresponsible.

That being said, the owner of the gun, whoever that is, should be held responsible for letting it get out of his control and into the hands of someone that young with no supervision.

Az

3. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

Anyone with weapons ought to have a gun safe. If your kids get hold of your gun and take it to school, then yes you are an idiot and deserve something.

4. AV8R

AV8R Banned

I agree. And they're an idiot in more ways than one if their kids are to the point where they think bringing a gun to school is a good idea.

5. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

idiots who have guns and don't have gun safes but have kids, end up raising more idiot offspring that gets ahokld of the guns and shoots someone or something or in this case takes them to school. So all idiots should be in trouble.

6. AV8R

AV8R Banned

I submit that guns and gun safes are irrelevant with respect to idiots who reproduce.

7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer New Member

Just because one has a gun safe doesn't mean your child couldn't get into it and still bring a gun to school. For example, my 16 year old son has full access to my gun safe but he has been around guns since he was about 8. He has full access because I want him to be able to protect himself in the event of a home invasion or any other attack should he be home by himself. I am 100% sure I dont have to worry about my son bringing a gun to school, but if he decided to do it could I stop him? Nope. If safe was locked and he didn't know the combo he could go somewhere else to get a firearm...steal one from a neighbor.

You cant stop crazy people from doing crazy things.