Should I be worried???

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by js415, Nov 8, 2010.

1. js415

js415 Active Member

Today I gave a man that I met for the first time, a brand new Milt Sparks Versa Max, and a brand new Glock 19, to take home with him.

I have only talked to him via PM on GPDO. I have no idea where he lives, or what he does for a living.

He seemed like a nice guy, and promised me something very nice in return in a week or two. You think I should have believed him?

He has my Glock and my holster.

Should I be worried????

I hope he keeps his word!!! :D :D :D

I will keep you informed :D

Jerry

2. RaginCajun

RaginCajun Member

Without knowing the full circumstances of the situation, it's hard to call. All you can do is trust your gut. If your already doubting your decision, perhaps you have answered your own question. Keep us up to date and let us know how it plays out. Good luck.

3. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

He took some nasty plastic out of your life and you want something more? Man, people these days...

4. js415

js415 Active Member

WOW, tough crowd.

What if all he does is brings me back some sort of leather goodie laced and trimmed with some kind of exotic animal skin???

This could turn out really bad.....

I can hardly wait :D

Jerry

5. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

It sounds to me that met with the Zookeper.

We will need pics when you get your new leather.

6. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Hey Zoo I'm free if you want to hit up Bullseye.

7. Teeter

Teeter Active Member

Jerry,

All those things I told you about my wonderful new Zookeeper leather . . . I made them all up! You'll never see your Glock again!

Mike

8. RaginCajun

RaginCajun Member

Now knowing a little more info, I would gladly give up my weapon for a couple weeks to receive the kind of goodies headed your way. Now you just have to deal with the dreaded anticipation. When you get these goodies, remember, pics or it didn't happen. :righton:

9. Deek

Deek Active Member

I notice that of all the folks on this board that have showed off their zookeeper holsters, none of them have mentioned, or even hinted at the price. Is this per zookeeper's request?

I'm only curious, doesn't really matter if he's charging premium prices, his work sells itself.

10. Teeter

Teeter Active Member

No, Chuck didn't request any silence on price - I don't think he has a set price; it's pretty much based on the labor, materials, and ingenuity that go into each project.

Mine, here, was $130 for the holster and $50 for the magazine carrier. It's not inexpensive leather, but quality-for-quality it stacks up to some of the best I've had. And it's the rig I actually wear, since it was custom-built to fit my carry habits.

11. BG_Atl

BG_Atl Active Member

If the "nice guy" in question is the Zookeeper... your stuff is in good hands..

He has had my XDM, my Jericho and currently has my Sig... never fear !
    and what you get back... as you have seen.. will be worth the wait
    (although - never MUCH of a wait :D )

12. ABC3

ABC3 Member

js415;

From what you have told us - I feel you should be OK.

I've been dealing with gun people, trading, selling, buying and shipping holsters and belts for many years. And many times (two belts just this week)
    sending them out before payment has even been sent and (knock on wood) I have never once been duped.
    I don't know what it is, but gun enthusiasts seem to be some of the most honest people going.

Just food for thought.....

13. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

I hope I'm not alone in having picked up on this after the first post, lol. js, I'm sure you'll get back something you appreciate greatly as well as your stuff! I've been very happy with mine. As for price, mine >>here<< was $100. For the money, and speed at which the holster was completed, and the quality of the workmanship--it simply can't be beat.

14. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

over the past 6 months or so i have met (many for the first time, one guy that simply found me on a google search and knew nothing about me) a lot of people in parking lots all over the metro area and drove off with some beautiful hardware, it still amazes me sometimes that folks will still have that kind of trust. i treat all of these guns better than i do my own and i treat my firearms like queens. Al is right about gun enthusiasts, they are as a group the most stand-up people out there, i have yet to meet just one that was an exception. don't worry a bit, a glock is not gonna be the one that tempts me, now if i get my hands on that hinted python :shock: :runaway:

15. BG_Atl

BG_Atl Active Member

Cool !! as long as you are lusting after that python my Sig is safe :lol:

16. js415

js415 Active Member

Ok,,, it did not take long for you guys to figure out that I had made arrangements
    zookeeper!

I was just messing around about being worried, just to see if anybody would ask me if I
    Was crazy giving a gun away!!

I have no worries, and look forward to the end result.

My apologies to Chuck if it came across the wrong way.

Jerry

17. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

and back in your hands tomorrow. 8) (5 days)

i knew what you were doing. :wink:

18. js415

js415 Active Member

OK, good.

I was trying to stir up a little mystery and intrigue. It might have gotten out of hand real quick!!!

Thanks,

Jerry

19. fiwit

fiwit New Member

FWIW, Jerry, I got a kick out of it. And after looking at Bruce's photos, I'm wishing I had $$$ to send towards the zookeeper.

20. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Zookeeper's an all-around good guy. He let me borrow his .22 pistol when I was looking for one of that kind to test out, before making a purchase decision.
    I didn't give it back to him in a new holster, either!