Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,405 Posts
impossible they dont allow guns
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
949 Posts
a_springfield said:
impossible they dont allow guns
Yeah this story was probably made up by the armored car guy to cover up a negligent discharge, no chance a criminal would ignore the no guns sign.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,458 Posts
175FO said:
a_springfield said:
impossible they dont allow guns
Yeah this story was probably made up by the armored car guy to cover up a negligent discharge, no chance a criminal would ignore the no guns sign.
That would explain the lack of details. No description of the "gunman"?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,809 Posts
I was there minutes afterwards. On my way there I was passed by six Gwinnett PD cars in full code 3. I was close enough to see them heading into the mall area and I told my wife, "It's a MWAG call - I guaranty it". It must have been over real quick or on another side of the mall as I went into Mayors and the Apple store - no LEOs or their cars anywhere in site. There was a lady pulled over outside of the mall with a single LEO car. My wife said the lady was in cuffs and she clearly looked upset about something, but I have no idea if it was related to the mall or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,809 Posts
a_springfield said:
impossible they dont allow guns
There are no signs against guns at the entrance I use and I CC, so I carry there all of the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,956 Posts
This weekend we were looking for something on the cheap and headed down to the local Goodwill Store in Flowery branch. A big "NO GUNS" sign on the side window. We laughed and said a little thank you prayer for GCO and other individuals with strong spines and went right inside. It makes me wonder if the whole store would have freaked out if they'd know there were two handguns being carried around inside their store for over 20 minutes. Oh the danger! Oh the hysteria! Of course, had we been "bad guys" we would have gone immediately to our vehicle and left our guns there before coming in to rob the place with pointed fingers under our coats.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

I was cc that day because I couldn't find my OC holster. Turned out, it was still on another pair of pants.
 

·
GeePeeDoHolic
Joined
·
6,412 Posts
fired one round at the suspect but missed
Wonder where that round ended up.
 

·
Die Hard GCO Recruiter
Joined
·
6,763 Posts
Rugerer said:
fired one round at the suspect but missed
Wonder where that round ended up.
You ever wonder why the AJC didn't ask that qustion?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,809 Posts
Are security guards legally empowered to shoot at someone to protect property if a weapon isn't being pointed at them (no forcible felony). For example, if someone runs up and just grabs a bag of money and runs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,190 Posts
RedDawnTheMusical said:
Are security guards legally empowered to shoot at someone to protect property if a weapon isn't being pointed at them (no forcible felony). For example, if someone runs up and just grabs a bag of money and runs?
From the article "... during an armed robbery Tuesday ... The gunman made off with an undisclosed amount of money..."

It does not sound like the guard was shooting to protect property.
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,896 Posts
This is where my wife and I always go shopping, I may or may not conceal carry in there. That information is confidential and not subject to questioning. :cantsay: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,809 Posts
I saw a guy walking out of there about a month ago with a pistol holstered on his hip and I remember thinking "what makes him so special? how come he isn't getting tossed out of there for carrying in the mall?" - then I saw the little star badge on his hip next to the holster....
 

·
Senior Mumbler
Joined
·
6,516 Posts
RedDawnTheMusical said:
I saw a guy walking out of there about a month ago with a pistol holstered on his hip and I remember thinking "what makes him so special? how come he isn't getting tossed out of there for carrying in the mall?" - then I saw the little star badge on his hip next to the holster....
Was it the Concealed Carry badge. :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
Owl said:
This weekend we were looking for something on the cheap and headed down to the local Goodwill Store in Flowery branch. A big "NO GUNS" sign on the side window. We laughed and said a little thank you prayer for GCO and other individuals with strong spines and went right inside. It makes me wonder if the whole store would have freaked out if they'd know there were two handguns being carried around inside their store for over 20 minutes. Oh the danger! Oh the hysteria! Of course, had we been "bad guys" we would have gone immediately to our vehicle and left our guns there before coming in to rob the place with pointed fingers under our coats.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

I was cc that day because I couldn't find my OC holster. Turned out, it was still on another pair of pants.
I always assumed that the sign meant that they did not want you to donate your surplus guns. So I have never been tempted to donate any - especially the one I have with me. They also say no mattresses or box springs either.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top