Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-...an-Shot-by-Cops-Outside-School-112058239.html
A man walking down the street with a shotgun was shot and killed in front of a Miami middle school by police officers Thursday.

The incident happened around 5 p.m. outside Allapatah Middle School at Northwest 13th Place and 46th Street, after person flagged down an officer and told them a man was walking down the street armed with an AK-47.

Officers confronted the unidentified man and opened fire. Police didn't say if the armed man had fired his gun, which turned out to be a shotgun.
THIS IS A GREAT EXAMPLE. Theres a lot not said here from the story and we can only speculate why this guy decided to carry a shotgun down the road at a school. He obviously was expressing his 2A rights did he cross that imaginary line at the school? Sadly this didnt end well for the man, but I'm curious what elkse will unfold. Could this be another Cost Co ?

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
Officers confronted the unidentified man and opened fire.
With this being the extent of the details, there is now way to ascertain what did and did not happen. No idea if he pointed the weapon and the LEOs and was looking for cop-assisted suicide, etc.....

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RedDawnTheMusical said:
Officers confronted the unidentified man and opened fire.
With this being the extent of the details, there is now way to ascertain what did and did not happen. No idea if he pointed the weapon and the LEOs and was looking for cop-assisted suicide, etc.....
thats why I was stating this would be a great example for those who decide to carry rifles or shotguns out into the street. Yes its our 2A right, but as of now we're uncertain what happened at this school, but with what has been given so far, they showed up looking for an AK-47 and found a man with a shotgun. I HOPE HOPE HOPE we hear more about this story as to what happened. Cop assisted suicide? Quite possible, I'm 100% certain when the cars started rolling up on me blarring the lights and sirens, I would've hit the deck crossed my legs and extended my hands as far above my head as possible. This could possibly be one of us.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
I would hope this isn't another Costco type situation. Also, I hope the video from the school will be available. Unlike the Costco shooting where the video was unusable due to a "technical glitch." It says the only shots that were fired were by police, if that is indeed accurate.

This indeed could be anyone of us who choose to open carry our firearms.

If the video is available, and this was a suicide by cop, then the video will show that.

·
Die Hard GCO Recruiter
6,763 Posts
I need more details to form an opinion on this.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
budone1967 said:
I need more details to form an opinion on this.
good luck. Most tings like this get swept under the rug when people start forgeting. This is how our Gov and poltical system works. Our Gov does something wrong , the media picks it up, something newer happens and this blends in with the rest of the things that should've never happened.

Thats why I'm so proud of the parents of Erik Scott for constantly telling people, posting signs, hitting the air waves and flying signs so people wouldnt forget and sweep it under the rug. When the details come out about this if they ever truly do, s many newer crazier things will over ride the importance of an investigation like this one.

This could've been any of us, any day of the week any moment we carry concealed or openly. Like it or not we're bad guys in herds eyes. We carry weapons without a badge, thats a no no BAD GUY BAD GUY BAD GUY. Is it possible this is what occured here? Surely! The dumbnut called 911 and reported a AK-47, this guy was weilding a shotgun. So my guess is the person who made the report was either an idiot or not close enought o know what was being carried.

I agree its not enough details to make a valued opinion. BUT I'll draw my conclusions until they can prove without a doubt this guy did this on purpose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts