1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I hope the Army goes after this idiot.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
And the funny thing is it won't keep him from deploying for more than the time it takes for the stitches to come out.

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
damn, what an embarrassment.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
M249 said:
I'd just general discharge him and be done with it... asshat.
Why not give him a DD and call it a day. He signed the papers knowing what could happen. Is there anything in the UCMJ that he violated by doing this?

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
881. ART. 81. CONSPIRACY
Any person subject to this chapter who conspires with any other person to commit an offense under this chapter shall, if one or more of the conspirators does an act to effect the object of the conspiracy, be punished as a court-martial may direct.

887. ART. 87. MISSING MOVEMENT
Any person subject to this chapter who through neglect or design misses the movement of a ship, aircraft, or unit with which he is required in the course of duty to move shall be punished as a court-martial may direct

892. ART. 92. FAILURE TO OBEY ORDER OR REGULATION
Any person subject to this chapter who--
(1) violates or fails to obey any lawful general order or regulation;
(2) having knowledge of any other lawful order issued by any member of the armed forces, which it is his duty to obey, fails to obey the order; or
(3) is derelict in the performance of his duties;
shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

904. ART. 104. AIDING THE ENEMY
Any person who--
(1) aids, or attempts to aid, the enemy with arms, ammunition, supplies, money, or other things; or
(2) without proper authority, knowingly harbors or [protects or gives intelligence to or communicates or corresponds with or holds any intercourse with the enemy, either directly or indirectly;
shall suffer death or such other punishment as a court-martial or military commission may direct

907. ART. 107. FALSE STATEMENTS
Any person subject to this chapter who, with intent to deceive, signs any false record, return, regulation, order, or other official document, knowing it to be false, or makes any other false official statement knowing it to be false, shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

908. ART. 108. MILITARY PROPERTY OF UNITED STATES-LOSS, DAMAGE, DESTRUCTION, OR WRONGFUL DISPOSITION
Any person subject to this chapter who, without proper authority--
(1) sells or otherwise disposes of;
(2) willfully or through neglect damages, destroys, or loses; or
(3) willfully or through neglect suffers to be lost, damaged, sold, or wrongfully disposed of;
any military property of the United States, shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

915. ART 115. MALINGERING
Any person subject to this chapter who for the purpose of avoiding work, duty, or service--
(1) feigns illness, physical disablement, mental lapse or derangement; or
(2) intentionally inflects self-injury;
shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

934. ART. 134. GENERAL ARTICLE
Though not specifically mentioned in this chapter, all disorders and neglects to the prejudice of good order and discipline in the armed forces, all conduct of a nature to bring discredit upon the armed forces, and crimes and offenses not capital, of which persons subject to this chapter may be guilty, shall be taken cognizance of by a general, special or summary court-martial, according to the nature and degree of the offense, and shall be punished at the discretion of that court.
Those would be all the articles that could be posted in some way towards the moron, some are more appropriate than others.

Conduct unbecoming only applies to commissioned personnel.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
DD's are very rarely given, that's why I just said GD. I think a GD requires fewer legal hurdles, and it gets this coward out of my Army as soon as possible.

Yep, I called him a coward. Everyone is afraid, it's how you handle that fear that separates cowards from heroes.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
M249 said:
DD's are very rarely given, that's why I just said GD. I think a GD requires fewer legal hurdles, and it gets this coward out of my Army as soon as possible.

Yep, I called him a coward. Everyone is afraid, it's how you handle that fear that separates cowards from heroes.
I might be wrong, but I think that an "under other than honorable" discharge is administratively given.

Bad Conduct (BCD) and Dishonorable (DD) can only be given as punishment from a court-martial.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts