Shopping Malls and Grocery Stores/Profiling

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Madd Hersh, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Madd Hersh

Madd Hersh New Member

Have anybody had any problems carrying in Shopping Malls or Grocery Stores? If so which ones?

Have you been approach by anybody or a LEO Cause of your appearance?

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I believe you mean open carrying.

And nope.

The first time I open carried I prepared myself for the worst (cops being called and a man with a gun reported). But it was such a non-event. I walk into Chik-Fil-A and stand in line and order my food. Cop walks in stands in line next to me and orders his food. We were waiting for our food off to the side and he just gave me a nod. No hassle, no problems.

I open carry when I can, and conceal when I must. I advocate more people open carrying.

Remember, you are doing nothing wrong. You are only exercising a right and if people don't like it they have the right to close their eyes and wait for the "bad man" to go away.

3. john

john New Member

Many malls will ask you to leave.If you don't the police will make you leave. Most stores probably will not say anything unless someone complains.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I am not aware of a single mall that permits any carry, openly or concealed. Therefore, if they see you openly carrying, you can expect to be asked to put it in the car while shopping or leave.

5. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I semi open carried all of last weekend. I had my PPK in an OWB holster, with a tucked t-shirt and a light untucked/unbuttoned button up shirt over it. Every time i walked, reached for my wallet or the wind blew the gun was in the open. I went everywhere , the liquor store, bridal shop, N. Point Mall, grocery, gas station, Wendy's... the list goes on. The only comment that was made to me was the guy behind me at Wendy's. " Are you a cop?" I said, "No, I'm just an ordinary person, exercising my 2ns ammendment rights." All he said was "That's cool, dude."

For the last few weeks I've either carried open or semi concealed with no problems at all.

6. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Hey MP,
    Come on down and visit the Albany Mall. I open carry there all the time.

Don't wear your tie, they have a dress code....

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

:mrgreen: Now that is funny!

8. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Yep, I live here in Albany and open carry all the time. The most I have ever got from a security guard was a second look.

9. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

I went through K-Roger the other day to pick up a couple things on the way home from work. Had my Walther in an OWB with nothing on over it. Ended up with some kind of problem at th self check out because the assistant there couldn't give me a price for the weird lettuce I was buying. She had to bring a manager over to figure it out & I was chatting with them & makeing a scene (because it looked like I was the idoit that couldn't run the self check out & was taking like 10 times as long as it should have) so 1/2 the store was noticing me.

Not a word from anyone.

:)

10. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

I carry in the Macon Mall all the time but always concealed.

11. Madd Hersh

Madd Hersh New Member

Well I live in the Atlanta area, I dont go to the mall that often, but when I go I never see any "No Weapons Signs". Some not all grocery stores security guards, I mean I dont want nobody to get scared and think something crazy. And I want to Open Carry all the times.

12. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

i don't know about around here since no GFL yet and most of athens is a school zone(dang college towns)

13. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

So stay off campus and you're good.

14. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

problem is most of the main roads run directly thru campus and i know I am just passing thru but they will try and find someway to burn you.

15. jccls

jccls New Member

The athens mall has a sign "prohibiting" guns, but I carry there all the time. So long as the security guards don't see it, it isn't a problem.

As for the school zones, I think you're okay, so long as you're transacting lawful business.

16. gunsbillygun

gunsbillygun New Member

i go to athens all the time , mall, food, whatever and never had a problem , here in jefferson the same way, small town ,but always concealed.

17. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I've open carried in N. Fulton on several occasions with no problems.

18. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I'm back in North Fulton right now. I plan to open carry all this weekend.