shooting near GSU

Discussion in 'Crimes in Gun Free Zones' started by Taurus92, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

Just got a recorded call from GSU about a shooting at Edgewood and Piedmont around 4PM today. The message said it did not involve GSU facilty, staff or students but advised everyone to stay away from that area. The shooter has run away. I can't find any links yet. I figured since I received the call from the school this was a good place to post it.

2. livesounder

livesounder New Member

News said it occurred in a parking deck. Hijacking?

3. noyz

noyz New Member

So are students allowed to carry on campus yet?

4. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

Nope, in order to get sb308 passed, university carry was abandoned. Just be sure to carry a pair of running shoes, a whistle, and a cell phone you'll be fine.

No criminal would dare pull off another Virginia Tech.

University students were expendable in this legislative session.

5. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

University carry was not "abandoned", campus carry was (stricken). Two different things. University carry would imply that you could carry in the buildings, etc. which was never part of SB308.

You can still have a gun in your vehicle on campus.

6. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

So would that have helped in Virginia Tech?

7. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Would Campus Carry (not in buildings) have?

I'm not saying that I don't want our students carrying in the buildings, my opinion is very much the opposite. I believe we should have Constitutional Carry that includes school building carry.

What I am commenting on though, is your attack on the supporters of SB308 in two threads because Campus Carry was stricken. Just as Anti-gunners need their focus to be placed on people and their actions instead of their tools, you need to focus your disdain at the antis that caused Campus Carry to be stricken from SB308 instead of the bill's supporters. By it's very definition, the "supporters" supported what was in SB308. The Antis and their Anti reps got some of it's provisions removed and that's where your focus should be pointed.