Shooting in McDonough

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by cbp0229, Nov 2, 2010.

1. cbp0229

cbp0229 Member

I was standing outside talking to my brother on the phone when I heard two shots rang out. It sounded really close to me. I always carry so I put the palm of my hand on the butt of my gun (just to get a feel - I was openly carrying). I headed in the house and called 911... it took them about 20 rings to answer because they were getting a lot of calls.

The shooting was literally right around the corner.

They had a story on the channel 2 tonight about the incident. Apparently, a couple of people got in a argument and a guy shot two people. Both are expected to survive and investigators believe the gunman is headed to NY.

The McDonough Police got here FAST. I mean they were on the scene in less than 3 minutes. I really like the McDonough Police... they always respond fast and they are very professional. They've seen me walking the neighborhood openly carrying many times and just waived, smiled and went on their merry way. I am very involved in my neighborhood watch program and they have a couple of officers that show up to every meeting. One is a detective and the other is a major. I am glad to have them there and their support for our neighborhood watch program. They even gave us their cell phone numbers to call them directly for non-emergency situations.

I had a issue where there would be 20 kids playing football in my backyard and the home owner association owned "green space" directly next to my house. More often than not, they would end up in fights... knocking over my trash cans and leaving trash on the ground... and cursing like heck all the time. The home owner's association has banned them from playing football in the green space and I've banned them from my back yard... now the police run them off (and has arrested a couple of them) if they try to play football in my yard or the green space. It's been a week since the police ran them off and made a couple of arrests... and there hasn't been a kid back there since. I'm thrilled about that... I feel much more comfortable.

This neighborhood was so nice when I bought the house 7 years ago... now it's getting really bad. I wish I could sell it and move but I don't think that's going to happen any time soon.

2. GFLinTX

GFLinTX New Member

OH MY GOD!

If only...

WE HAD MORE GUN LAWS!

Then this guy wouldn't have been armed and they would have resolved their argument with hugs and kisses. Gun control saves LIVES!!!!!!

No, but seriously, dude, glad you're alright. Here's hoping they catch the scumbag.

3. JMan

JMan New Member

what is this area you speak of so I know not to come near it? :sly:

4. cbp0229

cbp0229 Member

The subdivision is called City Square. It's near the intersection of Hwy 155 and Racetrack Rd.

5. Ramblinwreck11

Ramblinwreck11 New Member

Thats all but 10 min from my house the area is getting worse everyday it seems like. I wish we could up and move out of there soon but i'm with you, don't look like its going to happen anytime soon.