Shooting distance from residential dwellings - Gwinnett

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by RedDawnTheMusical, Dec 23, 2010.

1. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how far away from dwellings/homes you have to be when shooting in unincorporated Gwinnett and if that is applicable to bow hunting as well. I live in a subdivision in Sugar Hill that backs up to unincorporated Gwinnett and a neighbor just noticed a guy perched & hunting in a tree 40 yards from the back of his house. He's on private property, but seems very close. The neighbor couldn't tell if the hunter was using a bow or rifle.

2. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

I don't seem to get much of anything on Municode when I search for firearms, gun, hunting, shooting, or discharge.

Lacking something else Gwinnett specific, 50 feet from a public road would be the only limitation this random person on the Internet would be aware of...

3. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

My search yielded the same results for the GA code and I couldn't find anything online specific to Gwinnett for local ordinances....

4. grumpy

grumpy New Member

I thought it was 50 yards.

5. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Wouldn't the neighbor be able to tell a gunshot noise? Perhaps the guy was practicing with his bb gun or bow if no noise is heard.

As for your question, you may have to call someone in the county if it's not on municode or the county website. I know in Chatham it's 1500ft. from a dwelling you don't have the permission of.

6. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

Ah, yes, I stand corrected. 50 yards it is!

https://www.georgiapacking.org/GaCode/?t ... ection=103

7. Match10

Match10 Active Member

I do not think that applies to bowhunting/archery.