Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how far away from dwellings/homes you have to be when shooting in unincorporated Gwinnett and if that is applicable to bow hunting as well. I live in a subdivision in Sugar Hill that backs up to unincorporated Gwinnett and a neighbor just noticed a guy perched & hunting in a tree 40 yards from the back of his house. He's on private property, but seems very close. The neighbor couldn't tell if the hunter was using a bow or rifle.

·
Registered
8,421 Posts
I don't seem to get much of anything on Municode when I search for firearms, gun, hunting, shooting, or discharge.

Lacking something else Gwinnett specific, 50 feet from a public road would be the only limitation this random person on the Internet would be aware of...

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My search yielded the same results for the GA code and I couldn't find anything online specific to Gwinnett for local ordinances....

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
45_Fan said:
I don't seem to get much of anything on Municode when I search for firearms, gun, hunting, shooting, or discharge.

Lacking something else Gwinnett specific, 50 feet from a public road would be the only limitation this random person on the Internet would be aware of...
I thought it was 50 yards.

·
Senior Mumbler
6,434 Posts
Wouldn't the neighbor be able to tell a gunshot noise? Perhaps the guy was practicing with his bb gun or bow if no noise is heard.

As for your question, you may have to call someone in the county if it's not on municode or the county website. I know in Chatham it's 1500ft. from a dwelling you don't have the permission of.

·
Registered
8,421 Posts
grumpy said:
45_Fan said:

I thought it was 50 yards.
Ah, yes, I stand corrected. 50 yards it is!

http://www.georgiapacking.org/GaCode/?t ... ection=103

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
I do not think that applies to bowhunting/archery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts