Shooting At CNN Center In Downtown Atlanta

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Sharky, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Shooting At CNN Center In Downtown Atlanta

POSTED: 1:36 pm EDT April 3, 2007
    UPDATED: 2:07 pm EDT April 3, 2007

ATLANTA -- There has been a shooting at the CNN Center in Downtown Atlanta.

CNN reports that a woman was shot in the face.

A CNN security guard shot and wounded the gunman, according to police.

Witnesses say they saw a man dragging a woman by the hair just before the shooting.

The gunman is in custody, according to CNN.

Steve Coleman, Atlanta police spokesman, said two people, the victim and the suspect, had been shot.

Officials say both of the shooting victims are in critical condition.

"There were people screaming and running for cover," said CNN producer Laura Bernadini, who was in the atrium of the massive building at the time of the shooting.

The CNN.com newsroom has been evacuated. That operation is in the lower level of the CNN Center.

A CNN producer says paramedics are treating two people at the scene.

WSB-TV Channel 2 has several crews heading to the scene.

Check back at wsbtv.com for updates.

2. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I would guess to say people would consider this area a public gathering possibly?

Who knows with our wonderful laws.....

"Witnesses say they saw a man dragging a woman by the hair just before the shooting."

And I wonder if anybody called for help upon seeing this or just looked and oulled out the camera phones.

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Ah...you beat me to it.

4. Foul

Foul New Member

Better yet, if he had been confronted by an armed citizen BEFORE he had the chance to fire, there is a possibility that no one would have been hurt and the perp may have taken the eternal celestial dirt nap.

5. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I honked my horn but he just ignored me.

6. Foul

Foul New Member

Extremist...

:p

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I asked him "Sir....why do you need a gun? Is it because you have small penis?" He got so mad he shot some lady in the face.

8. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Ramm- You can tell I work hard for a living!! :D work is slow these days....

9. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Update!!

ATLANTA -- One person is dead after a shooting at the CNN Center in Downtown Atlanta. The gunman is in custody.

Witnesses said the gunman shot a woman in the face after attacking her on an escalator at the busy complex that houses the worldwide news operation.

A CNN security guard then shot the gunman, according to police.

Atlanta police spokesman Officer James Polite describes the shooting as a "domestic situation."

Witnesses say they saw a man dragging a woman by the hair just before the shooting.

Officials say both of the shooting victims are in critical condition.

"There were people screaming and running for cover," said CNN producer Laura Bernadini, who was in the atrium of the massive building at the time of the shooting.

The CNN.com newsroom has been evacuated. That operation is in the lower level of the CNN Center.

A CNN producer says paramedics are treating two people at the scene.

WSB-TV Channel 2 has several crews heading to the scene.

Check back at wsbtv.com for updates.

10. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Yeah...back when I used to work for a video store and did the day shift I would bring in my laptop and use the surrounding business' wifi. That and other things I can't mention here.

We had about 2-4 customers come in during the day. From 10-5, then people started coming in.

11. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Well in the insurance engineering field things are slow too! We get busy then nothing. Wierd.....

12. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

How do you engineer insurance?

13. Sharky

Sharky New Member

We do all the engineering risk survey and inspection work for insurance companies. We look at power plants, manufacturing plants, stuff like that. They call it the "engineering" portion of the insurance provided to the insured.

I call it the " I kicked everything made of metal and nothing blew up" portion of insurance!

14. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Oh, gotcha.

I have a friend that creates pipe supports for those big pipes in power plants, chemical plants, and sewage treatment plants.

You have probably kicked a few of his supports. :wink:

15. Sharky

Sharky New Member

yup I am sure my engineers have one day or another!

I cant believe all the hype this story is getting. It sounds like a unfortuate domestic issue.

16. Foul

Foul New Member

A gun is involved. What better way for the left wing media to prove once and for all that "guns are bad, m'kay?".

17. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Because it happened at news headquarters. Reality hits journalists square in the forehead. If this happened down the street a little it would be a minor story.

18. Sharky

Sharky New Member

yeah you guys got a point there, just sad. Until it happens in their house they are bliss!

19. pro2am

pro2am New Member

I heard one person definitely died...let it be the aggressor and not the woman.

This is very tragic...but I have to say it....please oh please don't let this guy be a GFL holder. Sure enough, the news would report THAT bit of information. Of course if the tables were turned and someone was SAVED by a GFL holder, it would be withheld.