shooting a sub compact...or any short barrel gun

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by luke0927, Apr 25, 2007.

1. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

Ok decided to fire some rounds a little earlier and wanted to shoot my Karh .40 and my ruger 40.

Ruger shoots great as always....just bought a 1000 rouds of sellier bellot ammo and it shot great....

then i went to shot my karh .40 that i have maybe but 100 rounds in and it just keep grouping low...i mean several inches at 10 yards....you thinks its just me and takes some getting used to a new gun....how is you accuracy with the sub compacts....

im thinking its just me but wonder how you shot your subcompacts....do you do any thing different.

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I would say that it' slikely you getting used to a new gun. I have that issue when I switch from my Glock 17 or Ruger MKIII to my Walther PPK/S. After firing one of the two full size guns, the first mag through the subcompact is low. For me it could be the different sight styles.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Get somebody else, a known good shooter, to shoot it and and see if it does the same.

4. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Are you able to get all your fingers around the grip? Do you have a grip extension? Is there a considerable difference between grip angles of the two? If you aren't shooting off-center and just low, I'd say probably just a matter of adjusting to the Kahr.

5. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

At ten yards, I find it pretty hard to get decent grouping with my PM9, but I'm pretty sure its me and not the gun. I think its just tough to consistently steady that little gun. I find the flush mags work better for me. I'm not gonna talk about what happens when I shoot weak hand only... :oops:

6. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

Im able to hold the gun fine it is small so my hand fits well around it. I think i just need to get some more time in with it but ive been working 80hrs a week and finishing school at night so my time has been extremly limited lately.

7. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

I requested to be put on the list as tenative....i don't have anything on my project list at this time for the date but that can always change.

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

9. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

What model is it? PM40? MK40? They are small guns; I had a failure to fire when I first got it because my trigger finger made contact with my thumb. :)

I think more trigger time is the solution in my limited experience. I know I could use more practice with my PM9. Last time I was at the range (I think its been over a month now :() I looked ok at 7 yards, but at around 10/11 it looked like there was some sorta force field covering the middle of the target. :lol: