Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Shooters' of Columbus

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  geaux_tigers 
#1 ·
Another store that has a wide selection of arms with a friendly staff is Shooters'. They are located in Columbus. Georgia on Milgen road.
Thay also have an indoor range which is accessible at any moment. I have never seen it full, with people waiting.
If your out that way...give'em a holler and tell'em your with GA. packing.org and they are thought of.... :)

#4 ·
That's about the closest shop to my home, so I am there as much as my wife will allow :roll: I like their staff, selection, and range...but as a previous poster said, their prices are rather high. I have never done the online firearm purchase, so I don't know how that works.

#5 ·
Apologies for bumping an old thread, but I thought I'd say howdy here as well as in the newbie forum so if you guys are watching this thread you'll see another guy in Columbus pop up.

Shooters is indeed expensive, but the folks are pretty nice and knowledgeable. It's nice to have a range right there and a fair amount of rental options to check out too. They'll do incoming FFL to FFL stuff for $25.

If you guys are looking for other places in this area, I've heard good things about a range up in West Point just north of LaGrange. It's in a WMA or something, and is essentially un-managed.

If you have access to Benning, there's a club (Fort Benning Rifle & Pistol Club) there as well. Best time to catch them is on a weekend. $30-60 for a year's membership on their outdoor range seems steep given their availablility, but they'll order stuff for you at dealer +10% +shipping, which is a pretty good deal. I imagine they don't charge much for FFL transfers either.

#6 ·
But don't ask Shooter's to do a transfer on an item they stock. They will get 20% of purchase price + transfer fee on any transfer item that they regularly stock. I know this is just business, but a poor guy like me has to shop around! Range Control did my last transfer for $15, no questions asked, just the normal paperwork.

#8 ·
RepeatDefender said:
But don't ask Shooter's to do a transfer on an item they stock. They will get 20% of purchase price + transfer fee on any transfer item that they regularly stock. I know this is just business, but a poor guy like me has to shop around! Range Control did my last transfer for $15, no questions asked, just the normal paperwork.
Right ... because they would rather make $0 off of the deal than $15. I had a similar issue with Hot Shots in Marietta. Forget business school, a three-year-old could figure out that one: "do want this many or this many?"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.