Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
12,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very sad to see the clerk executed like this. Also sad is that he was apparently unarmed in a state where he could easily carry a gun for protection, especially at his place of business.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,587 Posts
You have to weigh the risks. Here, it looks like IF the clerk were armed and proficient at drawing from concealment (or grabbing a gun kept handy under the counter) he probably could have taken out the bad guy. Or at least triggered a gunfight in which both people get off rounds and his odds would still be better than taking a bullet to the head execution-style.

BUT, don't think for a minute that fighting back is always necessary. You won't know if it's really necessary or not. You can't get into the bad guy's head to know what his plans are for you. But statistically, I'll bet there are 100 armed robberies that don't involve any murders for each armed robbery that does end with the bad guy killing a good guy unprovoked.

So, keep that in mind when you do the mental risk-benefit analysis in your head before reaching for your gun.

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
6,020 Posts
The bad guy wanted the clerk to lie down on the floor. That's a big red flag and an indicator that he meant to hurt the clerk. If the clerk were armed or not, that is a fight signal, or maybe try to escape from around the counter. He had a couple of chances where the guy turned his head away from him, and especially when he turned his back to the clerk to get over the counter. He could have waited his turn and gotten a gun into the fight. Sad to see this. Compliance does not always succeed. But in general, GS is right, you have to balance the risk of doing nothing/complying, versus getting a gun out and into a gun fight, a gun fight you might not win.

·
Registered
15,708 Posts
Is there a version of the video available for those of us who refuse to give Google our personal information?

·
Man of Myth and Legend
18,355 Posts
fake it. I did.

Nemo

·
NRA Certified Instructor
6,606 Posts
The bad guy wanted the clerk to lie down on the floor. That's a big red flag and an indicator that he meant to hurt the clerk. If the clerk were armed or not, that is a fight signal, or maybe try to escape from around the counter. He had a couple of chances where the guy turned his head away from him, and especially when he turned his back to the clerk to get over the counter. He could have waited his turn and gotten a gun into the fight. Sad to see this. Compliance does not always succeed. But in general, GS is right, you have to balance the risk of doing nothing/complying, versus getting a gun out and into a gun fight, a gun fight you might not win.
I think I would rather die trying than surrendering.

·
Super Moderator
73,367 Posts
Perfect chance to kill him at 1:43, a halfway decent chance a few seconds later, and not many seconds left to live after that.

What a horrible, callous killing. The murderer never even looked at the result of what he did. He did not even really look when he did it.

I hope they carry out the death penalty.

·
what me worry?
6,526 Posts
You have to weigh the risks. Here, it looks like IF the clerk were armed and proficient at drawing from concealment (or grabbing a gun kept handy under the counter) he probably could have taken out the bad guy. Or at least triggered a gunfight in which both people get off rounds and his odds would still be better than taking a bullet to the head execution-style.

BUT, don't think for a minute that fighting back is always necessary. You won't know if it's really necessary or not. You can't get into the bad guy's head to know what his plans are for you. But statistically, I'll bet there are 100 armed robberies that don't involve any murders for each armed robbery that does end with the bad guy killing a good guy unprovoked.

So, keep that in mind when you do the mental risk-benefit analysis in your head before reaching for your gun.
If I’m armed and a robber has a gun I’m going to try to shoot them not leaving it up to the bg to decide

·
Super Moderator
73,367 Posts
statistically, I'll bet there are 100 armed robberies that don't involve any murders for each armed robbery that does end with the bad guy killing a good guy unprovoked.
And if those 100 robbers knew that there was an extremely high risk of being shot to death, I bet that statistically, there would be almost no robberies. They aren't looking to be shot dead in the middle of trying to get some quick cash.

·
Registered
15,708 Posts

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,587 Posts
Another one of those damn buggy-riding Mennonites again.

• Haha
Reactions: Savannah Dan

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,587 Posts
I wonder if this thug bought his gun from a legal source and whether he asked for the features that it has --extended magazine and what looks like a laser or tactical flashlight module on the front end.

I'm going to guess that he bought this gun on the street from the black market dealer that got it from some crackhead that stole it out of somebody's parked car or maybe from a residential burglary.

Reactions: mountainman444

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,587 Posts
I want to know what happened to Copeland's burglary and theft (larceny) charges from prior incident(s).
Was he convicted ? did he serve any time ?

what kind of actual experience did this guy have with the criminal justice system other than catching an arrest sometime back?

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
And if those 100 robbers knew that there was an extremely high risk of being shot to death, I bet that statistically, there would be almost no robberies. They aren't looking to be shot dead in the middle of trying to get some quick cash.
I agree. Consequences that might have to be paid 25 years later isn’t even close to being a deterrent. Knowing people will shoot back instantly would give even the most shortsighted pause.

·
Premium Member
11,224 Posts
The shooter was arrested last Friday. And as is the case all too often in these stories, the suspect was a proud representative of that special demographic that's been showered with billions of taxpayer dollars and special programs for decades. And this is what the country has to show for it. What a waste of time, money and lives.

View attachment 22937
I saw the video. I may catch all kinds of grief, but he really needs to get shot in the face. I don’t care if his family comes out and says “he was a good boy growing up, he just didn’t have the opportunities every one else had.”
Screw that.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Key word is "shot". Would taking away his being able to "shot" kept the killing from happening. We want our right to own and carry something that is made for killing humans then cry when someone kills a human. As long as the general population can buy arms as easy as buying a car there is going to be killings. No banning guns will not stop people from killing each other it just makes it easier therefore more widespread.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
18,355 Posts
Well we better ban all guns then. Save the world, forget the idea of personal responsibility. No need to lock crooks up, they are beginning to turn their life around.

Nemo

1 - 20 of 131 Posts