Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do not watch this video unless you are 18 y.o and I'm not even sure if this is safe for work.

It shows a very violent beating and robbery, video taped by one of the perpetrators.

Now after watching it, tell me what you would have done. :evil:

This occurred in Virginia.

I'll be honest with you, its crap like this that makes me carry a gun everywhere. These young men were very similar to the young men that held me up at gunpoint and forced me to fight for my life.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Now I am going to bed p*ssed off. I am going to come right out and say that I would have defended myself with my firearm. They beat him until he was snoring. He could have easily suffered brain damage or death. These animals didn't care. Sorry, wouldn't risk it.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
But when do you pull and shoot? You really don't know what they are up to (intimidation or assault) until they start hitting you, then it's too late. If you don't kill them all (and the odds are against that) I think you'll go to jail on their angelic testimony. If you present too quick you could be accused of assault but you are not beat to death.
Maybe put your hand on the gun and turn and face them? But if they are true thugs or armed you are guaranteed a gun fight.
Very good question and defiantly something to think about.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I can't imagine what argument there would be against using your firearm to defend yourself in such a situation. 4 against 1 is a lethal threat to me, with or without weapons, and certainly justifies a lethal response. Chances are after shooting the initial attacker the others would be running away like the pathetic worthless chicken-s**t's they are.

mountainman444--it appears that the first guy that hopped up to the attackee's level assaulted him first, then the others came and joined the party. The attackee was actually holding his own (on top of and punching) the attacker until it became 4 on 1. IMO, that first attacker would have gotten popped, and as I say above, the rest most likely would have lost interest.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
2 words.

Bernie Goetz

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Well, first off, I wouldn't have been walking alone through deserted streets at 1AM. There could also be a back story here. Maybe the victim was hitting on one of the attacker's GFs at the bar. Not saying it would justify what happened, but it might not have been completely random.

EDIT: According to this the whole thing may have started with the victim using a racial slur.

So what I take away is:
- Don't walk deserted streets alone in the middle of the night
- Don't use racial slurs

Doing either one of those would probably have prevented the whole situation.

If it did happen to me, as soon as the guy jumped on the walk behind me I would have drawn. What happened from that point on would depend on their actions.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
It's a mistake to call any of those thugs "men". The mistakes I think the victim made were walking alone, not being armed, and not turning and facing his attacker, as the thug jumped the rail. I would have already drawn my weapon, and been at low ready. If the thug continued to advance, I'd take aim, all the while issuing verbal commands. Before he could get in striking range, he'd be DRT! I don't know that the victim could be armed. Where did he live?

There are no brandishing laws in Georgia. Hence, I don't believe there are charges for drawing and being ready. Beyond that, it's self defense. I don't care how many other thugs are around. They'd evaporate into the ally.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
unbelievable. I would have fired upon realizing what their intent was. That would be very shortly before the first punch was thrown. Given the circumstances, I'm well aware of "hate crimes" and I'm well aware I need to be careful about that. Living down here, I can damn near guarantee that my assailants would be black. If I put myself in that situation, a scrawny white boy like me kills 4 black guys that were trying to beat me up. Al Sharpton would be down here calling for me to be thrown in jail and the keys tossed away. I'd likely let one punch go, if it were just one person who started it. If two or more began the actual assault, I'd have no choice but to fire immediately.

That's one reason I enjoy OCing. First, it normally stops any activity before it even starts (assuming they see my weapon), and second, it's extremely easy to access.

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
Signal 69 said:
How brave they were in a [s:3mb4y1ap]group[/s:3mb4y1ap] PACK.
FTFY. Animals do not travel and attack in "groups."

I'll just say that I would not let them get too close to me when it is obvious that they are looking for trouble.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
As soon as the first one came to my level I would have drawn my gun, if he kept advancing he would have been dead. I agree that the others would most likely have vaporized into the ally... This kind of crap makes no sense and just goes to show why you should ALWAYS be prepared to defend yourself with as much force as you can.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I would have drawn low as soon as the one hopped up on the ledge and gone from there based on their intentions.

IrishTiger said:
Living down here, I can damn near guarantee that my assailants would be black. If I put myself in that situation, a scrawny white boy like me kills 4 black guys that were trying to beat me up. Al Sharpton would be down here calling for me to be thrown in jail and the keys tossed away.
Doesn't being gay make it a bit of a wash?

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
JeF4y said:
I would have drawn low as soon as the one hopped up on the ledge and gone from there based on their intentions.

IrishTiger said:
Living down here, I can damn near guarantee that my assailants would be black. If I put myself in that situation, a scrawny white boy like me kills 4 black guys that were trying to beat me up. Al Sharpton would be down here calling for me to be thrown in jail and the keys tossed away.
Doesn't being gay make it a bit of a wash?
It all depends on the "spin" cycle.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
IrishTiger said:
Given the circumstances, I'm well aware of "hate crimes" and I'm well aware I need to be careful about that.
I would like for "hate crimes" to just become "plain old crimes" again.

·
Registered
210 Posts
First off when I seen trouble coming my way before they started surrounding me I would hit the right smart key on my black berry that calls up my voice record, than hit the center record key. Put it back in my pocket and pray it did not get damaged. I would speak very loud and clear don’t want no trouble, why are you after me. I would allow maybe a few kicks, hopefully those few are not the one that put me to sleep. I would have already had my firearm in my hand hidden under my shirt, coat pocket whatever and not let it be visible. The police don’t wait to pull their weapons if they see something about to go down so I will not either, I just will not present it till have to. I would engage the scum bag that had me and anyone else that stuck around that would keep engaging me. This would be disparity of life. Than call 911 after I am not under threat of death. It is easy to say what one would do sitting in a warm home in front of a PC. But this what I would hope I would do if under that pressure of life and death. Hopefully the jury will hear the hate in the voices of my attackers that I recorded on my blackberry and they would have done the same as I did to protect my life. Just make sure you do not say anything that can be use against you in the attack. Like bring it , I got something for you, I will kill you. You are a victim going on about your life. They are the ones that want trouble.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
mountainpass said:
So would those who attack people for no other reason than their skin color, who they love or what religion they are.

The grandstanding by some of the organizations/people, and constant attempt to spin ANYTHING back to race/religion/sexual orientation is crap, but in general if you commit a crime based on hate you should be charged for it as such.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
JeF4y said:
mountainpass said:
So would those who attack people for no other reason than their skin color, who they love or what religion they are.

The grandstanding by some of the organizations/people, and constant attempt to spin ANYTHING back to race/religion/sexual orientation is crap, but in general if you commit a crime based on hate you should be charged for it as such.
The problem is I am not in a protected group.

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
mountainpass said:
JeF4y said:
mountainpass said:

The problem is I am not in a protected group.
Join the club... oh wait, it would be hateful for us to form a club based on being white. Sorry. :oops:

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
freeman101 said:
I would allow maybe a few kicks, hopefully those few are not the one that put me to sleep.
:shock: What if the first kick rendered you unconscious? Whoops! Too late!
It only takes one punch, or one kick, one choke hold to kill somebody. Once you've allowed contact, hoping to survive it, you're dead!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
TrkJky said:
As soon as the first one came to my level I would have drawn my gun, if he kept advancing he would have been dead.
This.

After seeing this video I have some additional motivation for the heavy bag workout I am about to go do. :x

1 - 20 of 35 Posts