Shipping powder and primers

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by kestak, Sep 19, 2007.

1. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

I did a fast check on Internet and did not find the info. So, I am trying to post the question here and hope it is not falling under the stupid questions category:

If there a maximum of small arms primers that can be ship in one shipment?

What about the powder, what is the max that can be shipped in one shipment if there is a limit?

Thank you

2. ber950

ber950 Active Member

The Hazmat fee is per box. If your order is too big you pay more than one fee.

3. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

Is there a standard box for that kind of shipping?
    I was planning to buy 10k large and 10k small primers and maybe 5 pounds of powder.

Would it be 1-2 or more boxes?

Thank you

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I think powder and primer must ship separately.

5. Cavediver

Cavediver Member

Check with these folks: Powder Valley They will ship powder and primers in the same order (unlike Midway).
    20k primers shouldn't be a problem to ship, but I don't know what (if any) laws there are regarding household storage of that many.

Any chance you're on the NE side of Atlanta? I'd like to find someone that lives up my way to split an order of stuff (and the $20 haz-mat fee...)

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

They charge one Hazmat Fee, but it still comes in one box? I thought shipping company rules usually required them to be separate. I guess that doesn't stop powder valley from charging just for one, as a business deal or something.

7. Cavediver

Cavediver Member

Hmm, I didn't look at it that way. I would guess they have to charge a fee for each box, not per order. I don't really know.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

They can still charge one fee, but to ship I'm sure they're paying two fees...I wonder where they make up the difference. Are there prices reasonable or are they higher than most other places? They can make it up in the prices, or the shipping charges (non Haz mat, regular charges).

9. Cavediver

Cavediver Member

The prices seem to be some of the best around.
    Now you've got me wondering :roll: I'm about to place a an order for bullets; I guess I'll have to call and see what's up...

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I gotta keep you on your toes! Gotta get some good prices, and help people out, you know? By the way, share links if you come across good deals. I try to, if I think it's worth it or if I think someone here would find it at least somewhat useful.

11. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

I am living in Augusta, quite far from Atlanta.

Wideners seems to have better pricing than Powder valley. I am planning to order
    5k small pistols
    5k large pistols
    5k small pistols magnum (for my357mag) (Am I wrong with that one?)
    and 10-20 pounds of Accurate #2.

If they charge just one hazmat they will probably be the cheapest. If they charge 2, they probably won't be. they are cheaper on primers, but not on powder.

thank you

12. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Does Widener's have your C&R? I think they offer discounts.

13. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

Just sent it this morning. Must I send it to Powder Valley too?

Thank you

14. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I'm not sure. I'd call and ask. I sent my C&R to 10 places. I wasn't really completely serious about getting into reloading at the time, but the discounts for some of the stuff is worth it.