Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can an individual ship a handgun to an FFL in another state for a transfer, or must it be shipped FFL to FFL?

·
Registered
757 Posts
ChipM said:
Can an individual ship a handgun to an FFL in another state for a transfer, or must it be shipped FFL to FFL?
legally you can ship a handgun by yourself as long as you ship it overnight service (expensive), also delivery confirmation and adult signature required. Also, some FFL's will not accept a gun from someone who is non ffl because of personal preference, so it's a good idea to make sure the recieving FFL is ok with a regular joe shipping a gun to them. btw be sure to request a copy of their ffl so your know your gun is actually shipping to an licensed dealer. Also, the recieving FFL will ask you to make a copy of your driver license, so dont be alarmed if they do. I ususally prefer to go with ffl to ffl transfer because it is cheaper to ship, personal preference.

unrelated: shipping a rifle or shotgun is the same except you have the option of shipping via ground service.

i think i pretty much covered everything, but everyone else chime if i didn't.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Docindahouze said:
btw be sure to request a copy of their ffl so your know your gun is actually shipping to an licensed dealer.
I have found only one dealer that will accept the out-of-state transfer from an individual and that dealer WILL NOT provide their FFL to the other party.

Does anyone know an FFL in the Atlanta area that actuallly will provide their ffl to an out-of-state individual?

·
Registered
350 Posts
jlw253 said:
Docindahouze said:
btw be sure to request a copy of their ffl so your know your gun is actually shipping to an licensed dealer.
I have found only one dealer that will accept the out-of-state transfer from an individual and that dealer WILL NOT provide their FFL to the other party.

Does anyone know an FFL in the Atlanta area that actuallly will provide their ffl to an out-of-state individual?
The only one I know of that MAY provide their FFL to an individual is Tucker Gun..Not sure if they still do it or not but its worth a shot.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
ANY gun shop should be willing to provide a copy of their FFL. It is not some super secret squirrel deal...it has the physical address, name and FFL number on it. An individual can't steal the number and try to use it for any nefarious deals because the physical address on IT is the only shipment available and if they try to use the number (ala background checks etc..) they won't have the password. (Which is secret squirrel kind of stuff) :righton:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts