Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondered why racking the slide on my shield with a loaded mag felt rougher than a cobb and why some of my brass had long striations. I’ve had it for a while but the powder residue hid the marks until today when I just happened to break it down outdoors in the sun. I didn’t bother to take a pic until I had already removed a lot of it.
Hand Finger Gadget Office equipment Office supplies

·
Registered
9,560 Posts
Interesting. I have a shield 45 and they are present. I have questions about them though. If they had a bad fly cutter, insert, or endmill, I would expect them to be significantly more nested with half-moons going both ways. Instead it looks as if it was step-milled say on a 1-degree angle.

·
Registered
9,560 Posts
Seems to be by-design and not shoddy worksmanship:

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that’s interesting. I shot it today and it was no different but I definitely won’t be removing anymore. Thanks for digging that up.

·
Registered
9,560 Posts
Well that’s interesting. I shot it today and it was no different but I definitely won’t be removing anymore. Thanks for digging that up.
Thanks for pointing it out. I’ve lost track of the number of times I’ve taken it down for cleaning and never noticed.
I have an H&K with a similar bit under the slide but that one came from the factory as smooth as glass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts