Sheriff Candidate Jokes about Killing Defiant Gun Owners

Discussion in 'In the News' started by GlockGary, Mar 25, 2018.

1. GlockGary

GlockGary Glock Block Supporter

https://www.oathkeepers.org/sheriff...ng-defiant-gun-owners-delight-bloomberg-moms/

"“What about people that already had weapons? Well, I’m gonna tell you now, don’t buy into the scare tactics, don’t believe the scare tactics, because you’ve heard people say ‘You’ll have to pry my guns from my cold dead hands,’” Fischer admonished.

“OK, he grinned and shrugged to delighted laughter and applause of the Bloomberg Moms."

2. GoDores

GoDores Like a Boss

If you clap and cheer at the idea of police killing gun owners, you can’t really claim to be opposed to gun violence.

TimBob and Phil1979 like this.

3. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Sure you can! If it's gun violence that you approve of.

4. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

And we thought the collapse of the Soviet Union was the end of authoritarian rule and the oppression of freedom..........

5. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

I don't see that what he said is inaccurate. Generally, members of the 2A community are docile pets of the state.

6. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I always felt that that "cold dead hands" Charlton Heston imagery was the worst thing the NRA ever did to brand itself. It gave the impression of us as old guys with old weapons and a preplanned disposition to roll over and die.

I don't think so, Mr. Fischer. You too, MOMs.

7. moe mensale

mdlott likes this.
  8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I wonder whether the winner's attitude is any different?

9. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

10. GAfirearmsReference

GAfirearmsReference Weapons Law Booklet

The winner of the Democratic primary was Quentin Miller, a black man whose campaign was based on restraining law enforcement when it comes to using deadly force. Now, perhaps that just meant with respect to black suspects, but maybe, just maybe, Miller would apply that standard to everybody, including those whites who hate Obama, and cling to their guns and their religion. You know, those deplorables. Miller doesn't seem like a gung-ho guy, and although he's said that he favors more gun control and will use his office to try to restrict the carry of firearms, he didn't joke about killing those who engage in civil disobedience.

Buncombe County is a pretty liberal county. Although overwhelmingly white, it's also solidly Democrat. In the last presidential election, that county went to Hillary Clinton with 57% , while the rest of North Carolina went to Trump with 55% voting for him.

This Quentin Miller fellow might actually get elected Sheriff in the general election.

Before that happens, though, I hope the NRA mobilizes against him. An anti-gun activist has no business being in law enforcement, especially not at the policy-making level.

11. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

He got 14% which is 3000- votes. Three thousand Americans voted to line their neighbors up against a wall and shoot them for owning legally protected objects they despised.
    I need more ammo.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  12. moe mensale

While Miller (the primary winner) may not crack death jokes about us deplorables, he's a full blown anti-gunner and doesn't want to help enforce federal immigration activities.

https://www.quentinforbuncombe.com/gun-control/

13. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

NFW could I support him just on part of the part regarding the 6 Pillars of Modern Policing.

Nemo

https://www.quentinforbuncombe.com/1-building-trust-and-legitimacy/