She learned to shoot as a toddler . . .

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, May 4, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:shock:

Hey, it's Alaska.

http://www.adn.com/sports/story/8849147p-8749797c.html

2. rajl

rajl New Member

Damn, she's hot and she can shoot. I wonder if she needs a date! :p

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

4. Malum Prohibitum

On the one hand, we wonder why there is not more female participation on this forum. On the other, we see that with which our female guests are confronted when they visit here.

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

You're right MP! Lets all use PC language from now on. We wouldn't want to offend anyone. ;)

6. Malum Prohibitum

I am not asking for PC language, but the sexual innuendo on this site gets a little old sometimes. It is like the site is dominated by male college students . . .

oh . . . wait . . . :lol:

7. Taurus

Taurus New Member

Sexual in who's Endo??? :shock: LOL...

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

That's what she said...

9. Malum Prohibitum

On a more serious note, I would personally like to see the level of discussion on this site raised a little (out of the gutter, that is).

I do not think this bears any resemblance to being "PC," or adopting a speech code.

I do think, however, that there may be females who visit here that are interested in firearms and the law, but they may be turned off by some of the discussion, e.g., above.

I realize, obviously, many of you will probably disagree, but that is what motivated my post.

I also think it best to put our best face forward to any probate judges and elected officials that may stop by here. Whatever they see here may be their only exposure to the "activist" type of gun owner in Georgia.

This is another motivation for my post.

Ok, off of my ------> :soapbox:

10. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

meh.

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

It is like TV....don't like what's on? change the channel.

We can't always talk about court cases and law. This would be a pretty dry place if we did.

edited to add:
    big boys and girls learn to cope with things that annoy them. people who cannot do that are failures at the game of life. It's like you said in that one thread where Watch left. You said people should not take their toys and go home...

12. Taurus

Taurus New Member

Uhem...OK....back to our originaly scheduled program.... :lol:

That is awesome...I hoping to have my kids at least plinking by 8...I already have em watching and reading Eddie Eagle material..And they both have cap guns, where I instill the simple safety rules..I figure when they start realizing that with real guns, projectiles do fly out the barrel and can inflict damage, then they'll pay attention to muzzle control...When they start habitually point their "toy cap guns" in safe directions , then we can consider moving onto air soft guns, etc...

My point is, I hope I can instill enough respect and skills to actually be decent shooters at a young age...Because the way things are going, High schools and colleges are starting shooting teams across the country...

13. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

I see it as more of being respectfull of others. My daughter is 14 and into shooting and I should be encouraging her to visit this site but I don't because of these very things. Gotta remember guys, we're not the future of firearms. That lies with our kids and our kid's kids. I would love for this to be a place where the younger shooters (yes even younger than you Ramm) could come and learn about these issues at an early age.

14. rajl

rajl New Member

Rammstein, you put up a picture of the wrong woman.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As I said, hot and knows how to shoot. What's not to love? :p

15. Malum Prohibitum

That's my point, Ramm. It causes me to want to change the channel from time to time, and I think I have pretty thick skin. I have seen and heard things you probably never will (well, hope not, anyway), so I don't think it is that I am particularly prudish, but I do not find the gutter an attractive place to be, regardless of the amount of time I have spent there.

For a person of finer sensibilities . . .

And for the impression we leave with others . . . like politicians . . .

is the reason I post.

Yes, we discuss more than the law on firearms. In fact, that is why we have an Off Topic forum. I do not think that has much to do with someone coming along and declaring his approval of copulating with someone in a news article on firearms competition (posted for the rather unique age at which she commenced her training).

As if you have any say in the matter of whether that girl would touch you with a ten foot pole :roll:

Why not just state that she is attractive and leave it at that? :?

16. rajl

rajl New Member

We probably should be a little more tasteful sometimes, but then, what makes these forums great is that you feel like you're part of a family or a good group of friends. It's part information clearing house, part backyard bbq at the neighbors.

17. Malum Prohibitum

It is getting to the point that I am embarassed to send people here who are full grown, simply because know they do not want to read that kind of stuff, even though they are interested in reforming Georgia firearms law, or learning more about what the laws are.

18. rajl

rajl New Member

Hmm, on second thought....yeah, we should probably avoid remarks that are a bit crude, this is public space after all. There are some thigns even I wouldn't say at the neighborhood bbq.

19. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

No offense but if one of my buddies made a comment like that in front of my daughter at a backyard bbq or anywhere else he would be picking his teeth up one by one...