Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you or someone you are aware of that is 2a strong that might run now is the time. This district spans half of Pickens, Gordon, Whitfield, Murray, and includes big cities of Dalton and Calhoun.

·
American
3,289 Posts
Former Whitfield GOP Chairman Chuck Payne - Recently, he resigned his chairmanship to volunteer full-time for Ben Carson's presidential campaign in Georgia. He's worked behind the scenes making phone calls, going door-to-door, putting up yard signs, and volunteering.

Payne has been involved with the Whitfield County Republican Party in many capacities since first becoming involved in 1991. Since that time, he has served as chairman on two separate occasions - 1998-2005 and his current term from 2013 to the present . Payne has also served as a vice-chairman of the Georgia 9th District Republican Party and vice-chairman of the Georgia 14th District Republican Party during his 24 years with the organization. Payne resides in Dalton where he and his wife Angie have lived and raised their two children, Heather and Chaz.

https://www.facebook.com/InPursuitofthePromiseChuckPayne/

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GA Pol is reporting a Dem from Dalton named Debbie Peppers is going to run.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Two more republicans.

Shell Underwood
Billy Vinyard

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She qualified as a " non partisan "
Mrs. Peppers against campus carry at 11:37

If anyone has websites of other candidates post them up. Finding out these folks positions on the issues is tough.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Two more republicans.

Shell Underwood
Billy Vinyard
Underwood: http://www.daltondailycitizen.com/n...cle_c185f83c-ab54-59f4-9960-e2cbe95174ee.html

Underwood says her top priorities if elected would be education, religious freedom, the right to bear arms and economic development.
"My promise is I will represent and work for the citizens of our community and not the special interests in Atlanta," Underwood said. "Citizens in our community want their voices to be heard. The results of the presidential election have shown people want their issues addressed, not those of the special interest groups. I hear concerns about the future of health care, children's education, religious freedom and Second Amendment rights."

·
69,784 Posts
Mrs. Peppers against campus carry at 11:37

If anyone has websites of other candidates post them up. Finding out these folks positions on the issues is tough.
"it's dangerous to have, uh, the kids carrying guns."

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
A 21 yo is a kid now? A child? :rotfl:

They have been a legal adult for 3 years! LOL

·
Registered
8,778 Posts
A 21 yo is a kid now? A child? :rotfl:

They have been a legal adult for 3 years! LOL
Well....
VPC calls all teens "children" for the purposes of pushing their agenda. Incidentally the "gun deaths" rate for "children" ages 0-5yrs is almost non-existent while it is not insignificant for "children" ages 15-20.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Originally Posted by mountainpass View Post
Two more republicans.

Shell Underwood
Billy Vinyard
https://www.facebook.com/William-Billy-Vinyard-for-Georgia-State-Senate-District-54-549811298542268/?fref=nf&pnref=story
William "Billy" Vinyard for Georgia State Senate District 54 I totally and unequivocally support our 2nd Amendment rights as guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution. I pledge to the voters that I will work hard to strengthen and protect our rights to Keep and Bear Arms at the state level. I also pledge that I will oppose ANY legislative efforts to weaken these God given rights.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
http://www.daltondailycitizen.com/n...cle_33cb7344-83d0-5a13-a18a-f9f3e52e7760.html

Goodson said she is pro-life and would like to see abortion legal only when the life of the mother is at stake and only as a last resort.

Peppers cited statistics showing that most women who have abortions already have children and are economically distressed. She said the key to reducing the number of abortions is to provide quality child care, which would allow women to work and to support their families.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
‏@GAPoliticsNews 38m38 minutes ago
A left-leaning candidate won a runoff slot for a conservative Dalton-based Georgia Senate seat http://wp.me/p3Xdqv-8aL #gapol

Democrats hope to pick off conservative Dalton-based Georgia Senate seat

Democrats have quietly supported Peppers, who is on the county's zoning board and served on the commission in the 1990s. She received national attention in the late 1990s for a lawsuit she brought against the Dalton Regional Youth Detention that exposed overcrowded conditions and healthcare problems.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I was going to change the title and add "Vote today" but of course I can not.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Only 166 people voted in Pickens County(over half the county land wise is in the 54th)in Dec.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts