Semi-Open Carry in Buckhead

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by Sine Nomen, May 11, 2007.

1. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

I took my roommate suit and computer shopping today at MensWearhouse and Best-Buy in Buckhead. I carried my PM9 in my IWB thumbreak holster outside of my tucked in shirt. In the 3 hours we were shopping, not one person said a word or even seemed to notice. I really expected some static from the younger workers at Best-Buy, but I am glad to have been wrong. The only downer to the experience was having to take it off and leave in in his glove box when we went to grab some burgers and sweet tea at Chilies. One step at a time I guess.

2. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I live in Buckhead and open carry gets mixed reactions. I don't recall anyone ever specifically mentioning my firearm but I have noticed quite a few people moving away from me in lines at fast food restaurants. I've OC'd many times in Krogers and maybe I'm just paranoid but I seem to have aisles to myself more often than not. But, no run ins with the popos, nor has anyone complained directly to me.

What sucks about Buckhead is that, in most places, you're about 20 paces away from a "public gathering" at any time. Krogers is next to a post office. Arbys is next to a school. The UPS store is next to a bar. The beer store shares a lot with a govt building.

I'm about to move out of the area, but for being so close to the middle of the city, not too bad. Then again, I've been so dainty about where I OC around here, who really knows.

I'll try to OC more often and let you know how it goes, but frankly, the way I usually dress just conceals for me. I'm sloppy, lol.

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I'm glad your open carry experience was positive.

4. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

Wal-Mart too!!

Just went to Wal-Mart with the same holster, but in the t-shirt and shorts style. shopped for about 20 minutes. Again, not a single trace of notice or alarm. The girl behind me in the (not-so-)speedy checkout line did smile when I turned around and faced her, not sure if she saw that I was packing or not. I'm just convinced that she just thought I was good-looking. Yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Don't even try to burst my bubble. (fingers in ears) lalalalalala........... :mrgreen:

5. Dan H

Dan H New Member

Re: Wal-Mart too!!

So she approved of the size of your weapon? :lol:

6. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Re: Wal-Mart too!!

So she approved of the size of your weapon? :lol:[/quote:xn9ma3hk]

Ya know Dan, sometimes a :) is just the start of a :rotfl: ...

Oh, but she wasn't making fun of his weapon's size or anything like that! No! Not a chance! Like SN said, she just thought he was a super good looking dude and she was hitting on him.

Yeah. Of course she was. I totally believe it!

Sine Nomen be da man fur shur! Fur shur!!! :bowdown:

7. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

Sine Nomen please post a pic of yourself and the gun and I will offer my expert opinion as to what the young woman was smiling at!
    :wink:

8. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

[​IMG]
    That's me with my gun on the right. :D

9. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Yeah, and thats my girlfriend on the left!! :D

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

What are you doing dating my wife? :D

11. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

your wife???? WTF is going on, that's my Wife!

I think we all need to talk.