Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5,798 Posts
Me personally, I'd just make sure GA ID and GFL match to the buyer. Other than that I have no reason or obligation to keep records.

· Registered
5,798 Posts
gunsmoker,

Do you really think that is necessary? I'd think that my method (match picture on GA ID to person, match name on GA ID to GFL, make sure both are current) would suffice to CYA for the legal aspect of selling someone a firearm.

If they have a GFL I am reasonably confident that they a) know how to handle a firearm and b) are legally allowed to purchase/posses firearms.

Have you had any experiences that made you more cautious?

· Registered
5,798 Posts
Adam5 said:
I tend to put alot of faith in people sometimes, but just in case he isn't legit, the 19 will be unloaded and my loaded 17 will be in it's holster.

PS: I told him that he can have a $15 discount if he joins GCO and GPDO :D
Both good ideas, but extra kudos for the second.

· Registered
5,798 Posts
I personally don't see a reason to document to that extent

Of course I am looking at it from the perspective of both parties having a GFL.

· Registered
5,798 Posts
Watch_Their_Hands said:
I see your point, Rammstein. Although, I wanted to leave as little wiggle room as possible concerning the law, should the sale ever be questioned in the future. :roll:
Understandable.

I could care less what kind of information the police want. Because even if I had ever little bit of relevant information I wouldn't turn it over short of a court order. And even then it better be for a damn good reason.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.