Security Guard Shoots Robbers Holding Up A 7 Eleven With A Fake Gun! "Mines Is Real"

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by johnski, Jan 16, 2018.

1. johnski

johnski Well-Known Member

"Oh well, mines is real.

Am I shot? **** yeah!"

bwahahahahahahaha

mdlott likes this.

2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Get up!

Turn around!

Get on the ground!

(another game of "Simon Says" ... but for this one, I don' mind so much.)

I like how the security guard casually leaned over the counter and shot the bad guy crouching there at contact distance. No matter whether you're behind "concealment" or "hard cover" neither will help you when the Bald Black Dirty Harry marches up to you to cap you from 8 inches away.

P.S. All you folks that like to mock and ridicule security guards as "mall cops" and "cop wanna-be's that ain't good enough for any police department" -- keep this guard in mind.

3. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Just as not all cops are white nights, not all security guards are mall ninjas.

4. gunsmoker

Wherever that dude lives, he needs to run for Sheriff, or Chief of Police.

5. gunsmoker

The video in the OP says "Top Flight Security Guard..." I thought "Top Flight" was a real company. Then I found this:

top flite security.jpg

From the movie "FRIDAY."

6. johnski

It looks like a revolver the guard was wielding? 38 special maybe?

7. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

In many jurisdictions the calibers allowed for armed security are severely limited with 38SPL being the only one sometimes.

8. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

9. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

When he jumped the counter he turned his back on one of the idiots perps. Not a smart move.

10. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I predict this scenario will soon be a scene in a movie somewhere, probably for comedic effect. I just hope the movie studio sends me my royalties for giving them the idea.

11. gunsmoker

"Truck Turner" has that annoying soundtrack and none of the original's voices from inside the 7/11. You got to have the dialog on this video !!!

Here's a version that claims to know the location of the store, and the poster of the video says the "guard" is actually a corrections officer (prison guard).

12. johnski

Corrections guards are typically not armed?

13. gunsmoker

Not on the job, but since they make a lot of enemies while doing their jobs, they can easily get carry permits in states that require a good enough reason to issue one. They would then be protected on the way to and from work, and while shopping or otherwise out in public.

14. gunsmoker

If (and I say "if") this really is a New Jersey corrections officer, then he may have been able to carry just on his special status as a sworn officer of the law, even if he didn't have the same kind of carry permit private citizens have to get.
    http://www.trentonian.com/article/TT/20110204/NEWS/302049986

15. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

Was it really the best idea to have the bd guys put their hands behind their back the way he did? With all the conern about back up weapons, wouldn't he rather keep their hands visible?

16. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Not any worse than turning his back on one of them after jumping the counter. :roll: But he's a professional.

17. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Nobody can find a news story about this video?

18. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Bit of a problem for him to reach over the counter and shoot the guy hiding on floor about the 33 second mark?

Nemo

19. gunsmoker

I don't think so.
    At that point, he knew he was dealing with armed robbers.
    I think it's fair to assume they're both armed if you see one with a gun, and you weren't in a position to know that the other one had one or not.
    And armed man is hiding behind the counter in close proximity to the money he came to rob and a victim he has threatened and can continue to threaten?

Shoot him, I say. Enough to either incapacitate him or make him take his mind off being a threat and turning his attention to saving his own life through surrender and seeking first aid.

But, I can see some prosecutors, or some personal injury plaintiffs' lawyers, wanting to argue it the other way, that it didn't "reasonably appear" to be "necessary" to shoot the bad guy in the black hoodie.