Secret Service Accidental discharge??

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Taurus, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Taurus

Taurus New Member

Secret Service Accidental discharge?? Ohhh that's good...Almost funny to an extent....

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlene ... rss&rpc=22

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Two Secret Service officers were injured on Tuesday after a gun held by another Secret Service officer accidentally fired inside the White House gate, according to a spokesman, Darrin Blackford.

Their injuries are non-life threatening, the spokesman said.

One officer suffered a shrapnel wound to the face, and the other was wounded in the leg.

They were taken to George Washington Hospital.

At the time, President George W. Bush was on a trip to Blacksburg, Virginia, to attend a ceremony at Virginia Tech university following Monday's shooting rampage.

"It appears that at approximately 2:10 p.m. (1810 GMT) there was an accidental discharge of a service issued weapon, which occurred inside the Southwest Gate at a security post near the White House," Blackford said.

Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the White House, Lafayette Park across the street from the White House and other nearby walkways were all shut down to pedestrian traffic due to the incident. Many police vehicles were in the area.

© Reuters 2007. All Rights Reserved.

:shock:

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Accident or negligence?....... :wink:

btw...what gun does the SS use?

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

4. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

Ramm, you know the answer to this one! LEO = AD, civilian = ND.

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USSS

6. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

I'd bet this is one of the uniformed Secret Service guys since it happen out by one of the gates. I heard once that the Secret Service uses something chambered in 357 SIG, but I don't know that to be true.

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

wiki says so (see quote in my last post). that's what i found at that source. not the best source, necessarily.

8. Taurus

Taurus New Member

LOL, now that's funny!!

357 SIG ? That shouldn't be to bad then..Just a Flesh wound...It could have been one of those durn Glocks shooting that 9mm "assault" ammo instead, which surely would have taken his whole leg of...Kidding of course...LOL...

9. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I used to have several neighbors who were LEOs; three SS, two FBI, one BATF and one deputy sheriff. Safe little subdivision...

One of the SS guys covered half of Kentucky investigating forged government checks primarily, but also counterfiet money, threats against the president and other stuff.

He carried with him an attache case that contained his papers on one side and his Uzi on the other.

Down in the hollows of Eastern Kentucky, while he was asking questions, the natives sometimes would get restless. Several relatives of the person who may have cashed someone else's check wouldn't take kindly to this "city fellow" (who actually grew up in that area), accusing one of the good ol' boys or girls of committing a federal felony.

He said there had been more than a few occasions like that when he was by himself and the nearest back-up was the one state trooper assigned to the county, who might be 30 or 45 minutes away. Usually, tempers cooled considerably when he "accidentily" opened the wrong side of his attache case...

I can't remember what they carried as a primary weapon but do seem to remember it wasn't the same as the FBI carried. I can't remember that one either. I do remember the deputy wore a "Dirty Harry" special...