Seattle gun, ammo tax...aimed at killing business

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bkite, May 24, 2016.

1. Siege

Siege Active Member

One of the major reasons why I'm not really considering moving back to the Seattle area, or the state of Washington.

I simply LOVE the weather (yes, really), the geography, the seafood. Didn't care much for the economy, cost of living, or a lot of the people, but those were asides.

I hated the gun registration, though. When talking to a friend who still lives there and loves it dearly, I was stunned to find out he was thinking about moving because of where the gun laws have been going lately, as apparently they're getting progressively worse and worse as the western WA (where the capitol {Olympia} and the only two real major metro areas {Seattle and Tacoma} are) liberals make even further political inroads against the people in eastern WA, who are more and more underrepresented in state politics every election cycle, even though a significant portion of WA's population lives east of the Cascades (mountain range separating the state more or less into two halves - eastern WA is largely rural farmland, and very conservative/republican/libertarian).

Big disappointment, really, I'd hoped to go back some day (though the people are by and large rude, cliquish and very insular, so, no loss there), but this is just another example of how politics go all around the city and state there, which is fairly typical ultra-liberal nanny-state-ism. Looks like if I'm moving anywhere now, it's going to be New Hampshire.

2. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I lived in southern NH in the late 70s, early 80s. I was born and raised across the state line in MA so that whole area is where I grew up and played in. If you're thinking NH is going to be a quaint, laid back utopia, think again. All the MA liberals who screwed up MA and then couldn't take it anymore moved north to NH and ME where they spent a couple of decades ruining those two fine states. It's not as bad as MA is today but it's far from what I experienced back in the day.

But they do have state firearms preemption, "shall issue" and open carry and I'll always love the seacoast areas.

3. Siege

Siege Active Member

Yeah, the state firearm preemption, plus the official kick-off of the Free State project is the major draw. Plus the weather, mountains, and ocean nearby.

Unfortunately, the Georgia coast is... well... HOT. Personally, I prefer cooler weather. I could always move back to Savannah, what with having friends there and all, but I'm not really sure that's where I want to be. In any event, I'm not likely moving anywhere unless I find a new job that allows me to work from home.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Gun registration? In Washington?