"Seal" On My WCL

Discussion in 'GWL News & Information' started by rainmaker, Jan 24, 2011.

1. rainmaker

rainmaker New Member

When I received my new Georgia WCL (issued by Rabun County), it didn't appear to have a seal. Since my expired license DID have a seal, and at the bottom of the new license there is the statement "Invalid unless signed by the Probate Judge, Sealed Laminated", I called the Probate Judge's office and asked for an explanation. I was told that the seal was there, it was just hard to see. I said that I was looking very closely at the license in good light and that I have 20/20 vision, and that I couldn't see it.

I was asked to hold up the license to the light and move it back and forth. Finally, I was able to see a very vague circular impression and a couple of letters (but couldn't read the entire seal). If I'm ever asked for my license by a LEO, I seriously doubt if the officer is going to take the time or the trouble necessary (especially if it's an out-of-state LEO, or if it's dark) to see the seal and it won't surprise me if I'm accused of having a counterfeit license.

Is this just a Rabun County issue, or are all the seals on the WCLs this difficult to see?

2. BG_Atl

BG_Atl Active Member

Gwinnett County... it's visible without too much effort and
    you can even feel it when you run your finger over the laminate...

even though it has been pressed in my wallet for quite some time.... :lol:

3. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

The seals vary greatly from county to county.

On mine, the signature was a stamp that had the seal built in to the stamp:
    [​IMG]

4. mtber1172

mtber1172 Member

You can barely see the seal on mine as well. It's raised, but there's only really 1 area where some ink was pressed on to it, to make it a little more visible.

5. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

When was yours issued? Mine was form Gwinnett County too, and it's not raised, just a stamped signature with an ink seal.

6. BG_Atl

BG_Atl Active Member

Issue date 7/16/2010

7. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

Issue date 7/16/2010[/quote:2txdjwru]

Ah, mine was June 2008.

8. rabbivj

rabbivj My Name is Inigo Montoya

my fulton county issued GWL has a stamp that says fulton county probate court on it. I checked with another person who has a GWL and thats what they do...

9. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

Mine has the raised seal from Gwinnett. Got it in March of 2010

10. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

I have both raised seal and inked seal in the signature stamp, issued June 2009. The raised part appears stamped into the front pane of plastic, not in the paper or the back pane.

Inked seal says State of Georgia with the GA soldier and columns.
    Raised seal says SEAL in the middle with Probate Court Gwinnett County, GA. around the circle.

11. Dan

Dan Stuck in New England

I nearly freaked out when I received mine in the mail but then I saw it attached to the same rubber stamp of Cobb's Probate Judge.

Kinda like this poor example in type: ( )Kelli Wolk

12. king of battle

king of battle New Member

Mine just came in the mail from Columbus, dark blue. Really visible.

13. RecoveringYankee

RecoveringYankee New Member

Mine from McDuffie County has the raised seal stamped onto the laminate, also. The front is worn down so you can't see it anymore. But you can still sort of make it out on the back, if you can read backwards and make it out debossed instead of embossed.