Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to convert a locked video file to a more commonly used file format.

The video I have is a surveillance video that I can play on my computer, but can not be played on other computers without installing software.

A program called Camtasia was recommended, but it comes with a $300 price tag. I want the ability to convert files at will, but I won't be converting enough files to justify the purchase of $300 software.

I could justify some expense for software, but free-ware would be great. Does anybody have any suggestions?

·
يفخر الكافر
3,938 Posts
Does it save as a .mbf file? I'm not aware of any file converters that could make the transition between it and a more common file type. (At least none that don't cost an arm and a leg.)

Is there no way possible when you save the videos to save them in a more usable file format?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Try ManyCam ( http://www.manycam.com/ ).

It will let you record any portion of the screen that you want. Just pull up the security cam video and record that portion of the screen.

Best of all its free.

·
Super Moderator
7,120 Posts
Iceman said:
I need to convert a locked video file to a more commonly used file format.

The video I have is a surveillance video that I can play on my computer, but can not be played on other computers without installing software.

A program called Camtasia was recommended, but it comes with a $300 price tag. I want the ability to convert files at will, but I won't be converting enough files to justify the purchase of $300 software.

I could justify some expense for software, but free-ware would be great. Does anybody have any suggestions?
What is the file extension?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Depending on the type of file you may be able to use "handbrake" for it. Easy, free and very stable..

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does it save as a .mbf file?
No. It's uses .60d (Wavelet Video Images).

Is there no way possible when you save the videos to save them in a more usable file format?
There is only one option and that's the .60d.

Have you tried Super C?
No, but I'm looking into it. Thanks.

What is the file extension?
Wavelet Video Images (.60d)

The video file is intended not to be edited or tampered with in any way (think evidence for court). I can make evidence CD's that will run on any computer by copying the file and several other files to the CD, but in this particular case, I will need to stream the video over a network so a CD won't work. I've tried changing the file type but was unsuccessful. That's why I think I need screen capture / recording type of software.

I appreciate all of the suggestions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts