Scratched the revolver itch

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by 1911packer, Sep 15, 2007.

1. 1911packer

1911packer Guest

I finally made the trade and now find myself the proud owner of a Taurus 605B .357 snubby. Pictures to come...

I took it directly to the range and started feeding .38 special through it to check reliability. Nice DA and SA pull. Not a hiccup and darned accurate for a short barrel.

I did find myself pushing the shots a bit left, which was odd because when I shoot autos I tend to pull a bit to the right. Anyway, the groups were reasonably tight for my first time out.

I ended the session with a serving of Federal 158 grain .357 Hydra-shok. That produced a lot of roaring, belching and jumping around by the little Taurus.

I can see that .357 mag ammo is going to require a bit of practice to keep on target. Any suggestions for carry ammo?

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Congratulations. I think my next purchase will probably be a shotgun. I don't know a whole lot about revolvers. Not sure why normal Hornady, Hydrashok, etc. for auto pistols wouldn't be too much different in a revolver.

3. 1911packer

1911packer Guest

Yep, this is a fun experience. I think it will end up as a BUG once I get the hang of it.

The only thing I know about shotguns is I have a Mossberg 500 pump and it has served me well for HD for many years.