·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Schweisshund

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,570 Posts
It's over and not yet available in the archives.

Anyone listen? How did it go?

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,330 Posts
The arguments as well as they could. The only real plus so far is they did not lift the stay on the mandate as the government argued for them to do while waiting on a ruling. I got the feeling that most of the Justices were against the mandate totally. A couple seemed to be arguing in favor of the mandates. I suppose that is to be expected since there are still a couple of Biden voters on the bench. The public safety argument for the mandate fell flat which IMHO it should have. The counter to that was the control of people 24/7 instead of at the workplace exclusively. That came from some of the Justices and not the council. The other argument from the Justices was that no where in history has OSHA ever mandated a vaccine as a condition of employment. Even the Flu vaccine is not mandated and it kills thousands of people every year ans is also easily spread. They also questioned the ability of the different agencies to make laws and were more inclined to let congress to mandate than allowing executive orders or individual agencies make them.

Personally I have the vaccine. I do not believe it should be forced on anyone. I have used my notary status to notarize objections to it without hesitation. This is America and people are free to decide for themselves.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
PawPaw x 3
8,870 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Now that you’ve pointed it out it’ll be scrubbed before dark today.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts

Attachments

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got to be fake. Marines are not smart enough to type that well not to mention the good grammar that is used. No damn way.
Its Navy Officers in command handling all those parts.

Nemo

• Sad
Reactions: OWM

·
Registered
8,158 Posts
Wondering what is the protocol for the court's ruling? Can the 3 or 4 justices on the losing side somehow block the vote/ruling, say until the normal October time ?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Wondering what is the protocol for the court's ruling? Can the 3 or 4 justices on the losing side somehow block the vote/ruling, say until the normal October time ?
No one knows. That group is the least transparent part of our government. We know more about the inner workings of Area 51 than we do the "supreme" court!

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Short answer, No. Everyone spends bunch of time researching and thinking about it, coming to a decision. A meeting is held and decision made. Case assigned for opinion by most senior on winning side. Same with dissenting side, or dissenters write their own.. Numerous drafts circulated among all, coming agreeable majority decision.

Fair warning,that is the broad short answer overview regarding procedure. Its substantially more complicated than that.

Nemo

Reactions: Malum Prohibitum

·
Super Moderator
69,899 Posts
I hesitate to wade into this thread with so much irrelevant crap in it. This thread is an example of what is wrong with this forum. But your question is on topic - the short answer is no. The ruling is issued.

The ruling is on a narrow issue, though. Nobody won or lost a case at this point. The Supreme Court was merely hearing the issue of whether the vaccination mandate for large employers and health care workers would be stayed pending the final ruling in the case. The Supreme Court stayed the mandate for large employers 6-3 but not for healthcare workers 5-4.

Now the case will go back down and proceed with things remaining as they are (mandate not in effect for large employers) during the pendency of the case.

I hope that explanation makes sense. If it doesn't, fire off a question, and I will be happy to answer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts