Scientist admits "global warming scam"

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by hma153, Oct 18, 2010.

1. hma153

hma153 Uninvited Guest

Professor Emiritus Hal Lewis Resigns from American Physical Society
    long, but interesting read...

2. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

He did not 'admit' anything.

He makes the charge that the major Physics group was shilling for the man caused climate change folks. So he resigned.

3. hma153

hma153 Uninvited Guest

I'll concede "admits" is probably the wrong word. How 'bout we change the thread title to:
    "Scientist expresses compelling argument global warming is a scam based upon intimate knowledge of the inner workings of the APS, its funding, and his belief the statement regarding Climate Change was hastily prepared with intentionally corrupt scientific data and without the typical scrutiny and debate that proceeds such a statements release; and is ticked off the processes set forth in said organizations constitution regarding rebuttals to scientific claims are being ignored, so he tendered his resignation."?
    Although more accurate, it leaves little reason to read the article, which I still found to be interesting nonetheless. :)

4. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

And yet there are plenty of people who still believe this scam.

5. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the article as well. A week before you posted it.

More like 10 days ago

6. Ken1961

Ken1961 Dei Gratia

Thanks for posting. I wasn't aware of this particular information.

7. Billennium

Billennium Custom User Title

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/09/ ... er-global/

8. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

One of the effects of the global warming crap is that it is distracting people from practices actually causing harm, that will affect us well into the future. Batteries, of all types, are being discarded, buried in landfills, mercury, lead, other heavy metals, pesticides, etc. These things will have lasting negative effects, and a hundred years from now, people will think we're blithering idiots for being distracted by Gore and his ilk, all the while chucking button batteries in the trash, or nuking the entire lawn to kill a single fire ant mound, or cutting down a forest to build yet another golf course, onto which will be poured tons of fertilizer. Being duped into believing humans have any affect on CO2 as compared to a single volcano is believable, but ignoring the actual long-term damage from humans is unforgivable.