Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,937 Posts
It'd be nice if licensed citizens could carry their pistols in highschools whenever they have business there.

Why is carrying in secondary schools a crime if you're licensed and carry for the purpose of saving lives?

Why are we giving criminals the advantage?

·
American
3,289 Posts
It'd be nice if licensed citizens could carry their pistols in highschools whenever they have business there.

Why is carrying in secondary schools a crime if you're licensed and carry for the purpose of saving lives?

Why are we giving criminals the advantage?
It's for the children!

When I was in school one option for PE was riflery. Funny, we never had anyone injured. No school shootings. But it was so dangerous....... :roll:

Reactions: Wheedle

·
NRA Instructor
3,391 Posts
When I was in high school I was on the high power rifle team. Everyone carried their pistols or rifles and ammo into the school and stored them in our lockers until the end of the school day. Then we took them on the bus to the range for practice or a competition. No one got shot. No one shot up the school. Arguments and even fights did not get the guns involved.

Were we just raised by our parents better?
We also did not have child locks on the cabinets to keep us out of poisonous chemicals, cleaners or dangerous knives. They taught us not to eat soap or drink bleach.

·
Registered
847 Posts
When I was in high school I was on the high power rifle team. Everyone carried their pistols or rifles and ammo into the school and stored them in our lockers until the end of the school day. Then we took them on the bus to the range for practice or a competition. No one got shot. No one shot up the school. Arguments and even fights did not get the guns involved.

Were we just raised by our parents better?
We also did not have child locks on the cabinets to keep us out of poisonous chemicals, cleaners or dangerous knives. They taught us not to eat soap or drink bleach.
And we could even carry a pocket knife, as long as the blade was under a certain length. Get in a fight - whomever started it got suspended. Now, kids literally get suspended just for watching other kids fight. And when my daughter was in HS, a teacher shoved a parent during an argument. The parent punched the teacher. The parent was arrested, and the teacher got absolutely nothing for his assault (or is shoving considered battery?)

·
American
3,289 Posts
No padding on the swings. No rubber pieces under the playground equipment. And somehow we survived and thrived. Oh, and when we did mess up we got spanked and sometimes publicly humiliated. We were told "Never start a fight son, but by G*d you better finish it!" and the principal worked hard to find out who started it because they were the one that was punished (and the only one). Heck, we didn't have school shootings, we didn't have snowflakes, and nobody cut themselves to make a point.

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
In
It's not battery, which requires harm, but it is simple battery.

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-5/article-2/16-5-23/

(a) A person commits the offense of simple battery when he or she either:​

(1) Intentionally makes physical contact of an insulting or provoking nature with the person of another . . .​
That is very confusing. The way I read it, (pushing/shoving/shoulder poking) or (breaking a nose/jaw/arm, etc.), are both simple battery. It specifically mentions intentionally causing harm as being "simple battery". How does just plain "battery" differ from "simple battery"?

·
Registered
847 Posts
All intentionally written so that legal authority can twist it and abuse the hell out of their power, and that we have to pay someone dozens of thousands of dollars to figure it out, if we are ever hauled in. "Simple battery" is intentional physical harm. So is "battery". I still don't see how they differ, in essence.

It is innate human nature to want to control other people. Hence all government. Hence all religions. Hence HOA's. It's all a racket. Everything.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,937 Posts
Is our Georgia General Assembly willing to let liberty loose to save lives? It's only a matter of time before this happens here, and I have a son in public school.

I want to be able to carry my firearm in my son's middle school and later high school any time I have business there, not just when dropping off or picking up.

If all licensed adults can do so, it will make people safer. I hope political concerns is not valued higher in importance than innocent lives.

Our Republican lawmakers won't alienate their base by changing the law to allow carry in all schools. In fact, it may help to energize and expand it.

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts

·
Registered
14,962 Posts
When I was in school...
We used to throw large rubber balls at each other. Most times with force. Boys at boys. Boys at girls. Girls at girls. Girls at boys. Outside. On the hard hot topped grounds. Some kids even fell down. Sometimes they scrapped their knees or knuckles and bled. We all survived. Teachers didn't panic. Cops weren't called.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,408 Posts
Playground with swings, monkey bars and that stuff was on asphalt pavement for grade 1-4 where I went.

Nemo

1 - 20 of 22 Posts