Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just read the statute on school safety zones & I'm confused. Here's my question: There is a public park w/ athletic fields in which I would choose to ride my bicycle. Directly adjacent to the park is an elementary school. The park is city property in my locale. Can I legally carry, concealed of course, while on my bike in the park, on the public roads around the park, on the public roads adjacent to the school. I my mind I've justified my actions under the auspice of conducting lawful business within the safety zone. I'd like the community's opinion and insight on the matter.

Thanks,

·
Registered
997 Posts
hmmm... depending on where you live you cannot carry in the park. I don't know about the street... I would like to hear about that too.

·
Registered
6,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cartersville, Bartow country; to my knowledge the city or county have passed no restriction on firearms in parks and such.

Which would be moot anyway because of the state preemption... right? :lol:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
As long as you are not a student of the beforementioned school and you are conducting lawful business, you should be OK. I wouldn't step foot on school property if you can help it, but the 1000ft rule shouldn't apply in your case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts