School Safety Zone Question

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by AeroShooter, May 1, 2007.

1. AeroShooter

AeroShooter New Member

I've just read the statute on school safety zones & I'm confused. Here's my question: There is a public park w/ athletic fields in which I would choose to ride my bicycle. Directly adjacent to the park is an elementary school. The park is city property in my locale. Can I legally carry, concealed of course, while on my bike in the park, on the public roads around the park, on the public roads adjacent to the school. I my mind I've justified my actions under the auspice of conducting lawful business within the safety zone. I'd like the community's opinion and insight on the matter.

Thanks,

2. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

hmmm... depending on where you live you cannot carry in the park. I don't know about the street... I would like to hear about that too.

3. AeroShooter

AeroShooter New Member

Cartersville, Bartow country; to my knowledge the city or county have passed no restriction on firearms in parks and such.

Which would be moot anyway because of the state preemption... right? :lol:

4. AeroShooter

AeroShooter New Member

5. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

As long as you are not a student of the beforementioned school and you are conducting lawful business, you should be OK. I wouldn't step foot on school property if you can help it, but the 1000ft rule shouldn't apply in your case.