Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktx ... .htmlstory

A school official at Denair Middle School told Cody some students had been complaining about the flag and it was no longer allowed on school property.

"In this country we're supposed to be free," said Cody. "And I should be able to wave my flag wherever I want to. And they're telling me I can't." Cody had to take the flag off his bike and put it in his backpack, where he kept it all week.

Cody's grandfather says the school was concerned about racial tensions or uprisings because of the flag. He feels if there was really a problem it should have been brought up two months ago, not during Veterans week. And if it was an issue of safety, parents should have been contacted.
A standout comment:
mekongdelta69 at 3:38 PM November 12, 2010

These leftists will ONLY back down IF as many people as possibly can, actually write (scroll back to find ALL the email addr.) Also send this article to every conservative talk show & website, FNC, & your email contacts (WITH the link). Don't let this story die:

Notice how it's always "racial tensions" which drive everything that guilt-ridden, self-loathing white leftists to always come down on the side of anything which is anti-American.

Since 1965, there have been hundreds of thousands of stories like this (and much worse), but you don't read about most of them.

Also notice that since the explosion of the Net in 1995, whenever one of these stories is posted, 90-99% of the comments are from people who can't take this stuff anymore.

The most beleaguered 'group' are straight, white, conservative Christian or Jewish male American citizens. Anyone else is considered to be a governmentally approved, officially protected, permanently labeled "oppressed minority".

And no phony 'morally superior' (in their own minds) leftist will 'allow' you to do, say, or even think anything against anybody considered an "oppressed minority".

This is what you get when you glorify multicultural "diversity".

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
It's ironic to note that school officials couldn't be reach as they had Veterans Day off.

I mean if the flag is racial then what do the school officials think about the people that fought to keep that flag flying?

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
Stories like these eat at me on one hand and make me happy on the other.

This young man knows that what he is doing is OK(and protected by the constitution) but I'm sure now he'll start to question what those "officials" are saying. I'm not suggesting that he will fight authority, but now at least he won't just take in everything they tell him as the truth.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm getting sick of this crap. People are offended by the American flag? Then they can move to a country that doesn't fly that flag. Like North Korea. There was also the recent case where several school boys were told to remove their American flag t-shirts because it was Cinco de Mayo and it was the Mexican students' day. Excuse me?! I don't care if it's their day. It's OUR country.

I find that completely ridiculous that foreigners can come to our country and try to reject our culture in favor of theirs. If you're from another country, you're welcome to be here. Absolutely. It's that basic idea that makes America a melting pot. But you best remember one thing: you're in OUR house now, and we play by OUR rules here. Bring your culture to the party, it's cool, but don't you dare think for one second that it trumps our culture. Not on our turf.

And what don't these people understand about freedom of speech? Sorry, it's freedom of SPEECH, not freedom from being offended. If you're offended by something in this country, tough luck. This kid can fly his flag anywhere he darn well pleases.

Also, what's up with these gutless school administrators? Whatever side you decide to take, show some backbone for crying out loud. Pick a side and stick with it. But these guys, they scorn the kid because he flies the flag, and then when they get nasty emails and letters (as they should), they fall back and say "Oh well, we're sooo sorry, we don't want any conflict, really, please, forgive us!" Jesus, what a bunch of sissies. Tell one side to pound sand and make some enemies. Seriously, I'd respect it way more if they just said "We're a bunch of America-hating Marxists and the kid should stick the flag up his butt." That's conviction, and while I would heartily disagree, I'd at least admire the strength of their positions. Waffles just piss me off.

Lastly, props to the kid. Sounds like a fine young American. Even read somewhere else that he wants to serve in the military when he reaches the necessary age. So I wish him the best of luck. :righton:

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
GFLinTX said:
I'm getting sick of this crap. People are offended by the American flag?
No don't get off track. That's what they want. They want you to think "students are upset." But it's an official in the school that doesn't like that young man exercising his rights....Right there on His watch! But how can I stop him......Yes! That's it! It's Racial....

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
Link
But the Superintendent, Edward Parraz, insists he is only trying to avoid tension, due to the recent racial tension on the school campus.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
This makes me madder than a hornet! I want to go to Sacramento and bump heads! How can even Liberals see our flag as a racist symbol!

Makes this old gentleman worth knowing about. We grew up together in a town of about 700 people. We knew everyone, and we used to chase the same girls. It'll help you recover from this idiocy! It's a great read!

http://azstarnet.com/business/local/art ... 1603f.html

·
Registered
181 Posts
Since when is the American flag a racial symbol?

Edward Parraz sounds like a serious tool. Let's settle this with a caged death match between this dweeb and the kid. My money says Parraz gets his head knocked off.

·
Registered
181 Posts
CountryGun said:
How can even Liberals see our flag as a racist symbol!
You answered your own question right there, CG. Key word- "Liberals".

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
GFLinTX said:
Edward Parraz sounds like a serious tool. Let's settle this with a caged death match between this dweeb and the kid. My money says Parraz gets his head knocked off.
i would have said a cage match between him and mathar1. would not end well.........

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,804 Posts
School changed its mind and reversed its decision.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/1...ing-student-remove-flag-bike/?test=latestnews

Parraz says the school decided on Friday to allow Cody to display his flag again, and now it will be shifting its focus to the students who complained.

"In no way did we want to take that right away from Cody," Parraz told Fox40 on Friday. "…We think we know who the instigators are that were trying to do that and we need to meet with their parents and those students to just kind of explain that this isn't what we want to have. We want to make sure that our kids can appreciate a safe environment and be able to have the American flag."

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Adam5 said:
School changed its mind and reversed its decision.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/1...ing-student-remove-flag-bike/?test=latestnews

Parraz says the school decided on Friday to allow Cody to display his flag again, and now it will be shifting its focus to the students who complained.

"In no way did we want to take that right away from Cody," Parraz told Fox40 on Friday. "…We think we know who the instigators are that were trying to do that and we need to meet with their parents and those students to just kind of explain that this isn't what we want to have. We want to make sure that our kids can appreciate a safe environment and be able to have the American flag."
Paraz still doesn't get it.

Not unlike other Kalifornians that have recently had their rear-ends handed to them.

·
Registered
944 Posts
AV8R said:
http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/ktxl-americanflagbike11122010,0,3045879.htmlstory

A school official at Denair Middle School told Cody some students had been complaining about the flag and it was no longer allowed on school property.

Cody's grandfather says the school was concerned about racial tensions or uprisings because of the flag. He feels if there was really a problem it should have been brought up two months ago, not during Veterans week. And if it was an issue of safety, parents should have been contacted.
When I first read this on your post I was thinking, what flag is it? A Swastika? Then I opened the link and it's the American flag. How could anyone say that the American flag could cause racial tension? Doesn't America stand up for minorities? Don't we represent freedom and equal rights for all? The people at this school are a bunch of morons.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Well that's that then. I guess I will just have to tear Old Glory off of my flagpole and throw her in the closet because some idiots in white sheets carried her as well. :roll:

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
:screwy:

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
As with the Confederate Battle Flag, it is all in the context of how it is displayed.

Under what context was the student in CA displaying the American Flag?

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
Thorsen said:
Well that's that then. I guess I will just have to tear Old Glory off of my flagpole and throw her in the closet because some idiots in white sheets carried her as well. :roll:
Why? Your flag has two more stars on it than theirs did. :wink:

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
mb90535im said:
As with the Confederate Battle Flag, it is all in the context of how it is displayed.

Under what context was the student in CA displaying the American Flag?
In an American way.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts