SC Bill: Issue Sticker to be Posted on Tag Indicating Owner has CCW/ And Enhanced Lic

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by mountainpass, Dec 20, 2016.

1. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess122_2017-2018/bills/88.htm

Edit: This bill also allows an enhanced license allowing carry in these locations:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  2. BG_Atl

BG_Atl Active Member

3. mountainpass

I suggested another bill where owners of "gun-free" cars get a sticker. I envision it having a halo over "gun-free".

Edit: Actually it should be owners of cars without a CCW. Like gang-bangers, liberals and the like.

4. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

:screwy:

In his defense the same bill proposes the following:

A BILL TO AMEND SECTION 23-31-220 OF THE 1976 CODE, RELATING TO A PUBLIC OR PRIVATE EMPLOYER'S POSTING OF A SIGN PROHIBITING THE CARRYING OF A CONCEALED WEAPON ON THE EMPLOYERS' PREMISES, TO CREATE A CAUSE OF ACTION FOR A CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT HOLDER WHO IS INJURED WHILE ON THE PREMISES OF AN EMPLOYER WHO HAS PROHIBITED THE CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT HOLDER FROM CARRYING A CONCEALED WEAPON;

TO CREATE AN EXCEPTION TO ALLOW ANYONE TO CARRY A CONCEALED WEAPON DURING A MANDATORY EVACUATION ORDER DECLARED BY THE GOVERNOR AND TO PLACE CERTAIN TIME PERIODS ON THIS EXCEPTION;

TO CREATE AN INSTITUTIONAL CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT, TO REQUIRE THE STATE LAW ENFORCEMENT DIVISION TO PROMULGATE REGULATIONS RELATING THE CURRICULUM AND TRAINING REQUIRED TO OBTAIN AN INSTITUTIONAL CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT, AND TO ALLOW INSTITUTIONAL CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT HOLDERS TO CARRY A CONCEALABLE WEAPON IN SCHOOLS, DAYCARES, CHURCHES, AND HOSPITALS;

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  5. mountainpass

SC Carry ‏@SC_Carry 12m12 minutes ago
    @amountainpass @mflane senator Verdin says it will be removed. Rest of the bill looks better.

‏@amountainpass 8m8 minutes ago
    @SC_Carry @mflane Exactly why is it in there to start with?

SC Carry ‏@SC_Carry 2m2 minutes ago
    @amountainpass @mflane best guess someone drafted the bill and it wasn't proof read.Verdin's office says they were burried with calls/emails

6. CardsFan

CardsFan Member

I'm sure criminals will never learn the meaning of this sticker. In the extremely rare case that one does know the meaning, I'm sure they will never realize that a weapon is likely to be stored in the vehicle due to the volume of places "off limits" in SC. ](*,)

7. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

So much fail with this bill!

Instead of honestly restoring the liberty of the people to bear arms in public for their defense, this is just more government control imposed by "friends" of the Second Amendment.

"We'll ALLOW you to carry in more places, but you'll need to take even MORE training, OFFICIAL training at that, and EVERY single year. Oh, and by the way, we didn't address other 'public buildings' like libraries, museums, and park buildings. Those will still be FELONIES! HAHAHAHA"

8. mrhutch

mrhutch Well-Known Member

If they're worried about police knowing about the weapon, why don't they just link it to the registration tag so it comes up on the police screen when they pull someone over? Not that they need to know anyway, but displaying an extra sticker is definitely a bad idea.

9. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

That sticker is the "Hey break into my my car sticker".

10. Phil1979

I posted this on the South Carolina Carry Facebook page:

"The sticker part is going to be removed. The other bad part of the bill remains. In a nutshell, you get to carry in a handful of other places, bless your little heart, if you subject yourself to extra government mandated and approved training EVERY SINGLE YEAR held only at the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy

Perhaps they could have just said to bend over? How about a little REAL freedom for a change? Nah, those Republicans are just Democrat-lite.

The sad part is people will think their extra special permit will let them carry in places like public park buildings, public libraries, and public museums. Nope, S.88 doesn't address them at all. Carrying in them will still be FELONY offenses!"

11. mrhutch

mrhutch Well-Known Member

Or in the rare extreme case, shoot first then take my wallet sticker.

12. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

You'd think the average Joe Citizen with a firearm in his car would be less dangerous than a convicted felon (who'd have an unregistered firearm), so wouldn't it make a bit more sense to put a sticker on the tag of anyone who had been convicted of a violent felony........

13. Phil1979

Senator Verdin said the sticker part will be removed.

The other part, which is worse IMHO, will remain - see post #11.

14. nutnless220

nutnless220 Member

Stop that. You're making too much sense. How dare you!

15. CardsFan

CardsFan Member

Lynch wants us to refer to these folks as "Justice Involved" now. lol

I have a feeling Sessions will reverse that nomenclature.

16. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

Does SC Carry think this bill is some kind of improvement? It certainly doesn't seem like SC has an effective firearms lobbying organization if that's the kind of bill they're trying to get passed.

17. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Agreed. I also expect there to be a wholesale change in the AUSA ranks come February-April of next year.

18. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

When I first moved to Florida back in 1983, there were almost daily news stories of vacationers getting robbed, hijacked, shot and killed. At that time, all the car rental agencies had a special ID on their vehicle license plates. Bad guys would just stake out the airports and hotels looking for these special tags and do their thing. Needless to say, the light bulb finally went off and the highlighted tags were dropped.

Nothing like setting up the victims ahead of time. :screwy:

19. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator