Georgiapacking.org banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,694 Posts
As long as the Senate passes both HB 859 and HB 1060 in time before sine die, I won't grumble about SB 270...much.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
After today's sudden about-face by the Governor, I am Even more convinced this bill just became a lifeboat. I would very much like to see the House (as well as GCO) double down on the Governor by amending this bill to include GWCL holders to the exempted list of 16-11-130 and send it back to the Senate to agree/disagree. It has already passed the Senate 54-0, so no committee process is needed in the Senate. After today's rug pulling, what have got to lose!?

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,694 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,694 Posts
Did they discuss section 3 regarding private and public property?

·
Just a Man
6,037 Posts
The lines cut out were lines in the original SB270. They added the whole HB1060 to the SB270 in this committee

·
Just a Man
6,037 Posts
I heard "lines 66-71" I don't see those in the original 270. Maybe I'm missing something.
I heard those numbers to and that the Sheriffs Association didn't want it to be in there.

They are working off of some substitute that has not been published to the website yet.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,694 Posts
If they did take out the definitions of public and private property, do we have any protection under HB 492, which stated that local governments may not use any means to regulate the possession and carrying of weapons?

Isn't using the police as a means to enforce the wishes of a private entity leasing public property (for public use) to ban weapons a "means" that falls within the scope of HB 492?

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,694 Posts
These lines are the reporting requirement in the swatting bill that was also merged into SB 270, that the Sheriff's Association did not want in the bill.

I heard "lines 66-71" I don't see those in the original 270. Maybe I'm missing something.

·
68,114 Posts
They made swatting a felony. Only portions of HB 1060 were added to SB 270.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
It is quite a shame that no initiative was taken on the House side to amend this bill to add GWCL holders to the exempted list, even after quite a bit of polite yet persistent urging to do so. Quite a shame indeed.

:2cents::sad:

21 - 40 of 63 Posts