Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
If this passes, that means the checks would be done by the state and not by the FBI NICS system right?

If that is the case, how would this change effect background checks during purchase with our GWCL? My understanding is that the GWCL basically takes the place of the NICS check.

I am not 100% sure of the "ins & outs" of when a carry license issues by the state qualifies as acceptable. I tried to look to see if there are any states that conduct their own checks in which this applies.

·
69,784 Posts
I am thinking they mean 35-3-37, but it is difficult to tell.

·
69,784 Posts
#-o Nevermind. They are creating a new code section. :roll:

·
69,784 Posts
So, this bill is to forbid the sale of firearms to "known or suspected terrorists," as identified by any agency and reported to Georgia.

It does say "reasonably suspected," so we can't accuse this bill of being unreasonable. :lol:

I changed the title.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Assigned to the Public Safety Committee

·
American
3,289 Posts
Another bogus government, superficially safety oriented, power grab like the No Fly list. Unfortunately, we all know that the no fly list has been demonstrated to be riddled with erroneous information but that it is next to impossible o get it changed. NICS, while not perfect, is clearly superior to any half-baked database that Georgia is going to set up and all legitimate restrictions on gun purchases are supposed to be reported to NICS already.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts