SB 43 May Get Second Life

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

From Gwinnett Daily:

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

the registered part?

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Will it work with my unregistered guns too?! I must know!

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

that's why i'm confused. why would the article say registered when registration isn't required?

5. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Probably because the writer knows nothing about GA gun laws.

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

haha. with the press, is that really a shock?

7. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

What is worse is when Assembly people, such as a few in the Judiciary Non-Civil committee have to be told that there is no such thing as registration in Georgia.

Those same people think there is a national registration too. NICS is not a registration.

Frankly it is scary that some of the people that control our laws regarding firearms (some members of the Judicary Non-civil committee in particular) have absolutly no idea what those laws already on the books mean.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:shakehead:

that's really sad. makes me believe more and more that these politicians are more worried about getting votes than actually doing anything worth a damn.

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

With the ridiculous amount of gun laws on the books, both state and federal, is it really hard to believe that they would be confused?

But, I still can't give them a pass. When you take a job it is up to you to make yourself familiar with all aspects of it.

10. lsu_nonleg

lsu_nonleg New Member

Not just the press, try Atlanta PD, Lenox substation behind Petsmart. When I reported a stolen firearm, uniformed cops asked me if it was registered, followed up with, "Do you have your receipt," and "How do we know it's yours?"

Hm... Just gave you a serial number. I can retrieve the carry case it came with from my house or the ten spare mags I had for it...

They then proceeded to call me twice over the next month to find out if I'd found it yet. Er, no, I'm not in the habit of filing a police report when I can't find my sunglasses either, you idiots.

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

True, but they should at least make themselves familiar with it before trying to pass another law or making a statement about something like that. That goes for anything, though: research should be done ahead of time.