Saw the new state patrol cruiser

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Gunstar1, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

It is a silver charger with the state patrol text on the side written in that bright, safety orange color.

2. jeepsterwannabe

jeepsterwannabe New Member

yeah, my friend got his a couple months ago. they look like fun

3. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

They look really nice.

and it's got a HEMI

4. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

They have a couple running around the Villa Rica Area too.

5. legacy38

legacy38 Well-Known Member

The word on the street is that they have plenty of punch, but the rear windows don't allow for much visibility.

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

That was fairly close to where I saw it. It was going through Rockmart as I was on my way to Villa Rica.

7. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

I saw one in Warm Springs yesterday. Nice ride for "da po-po's" :lol:

8. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

That was pretty much my thought seeing it head on I was thinking, dang those silver chargers are nice cars... then as it got closer I noticed some strange reflection on the side. I watched it pass by (I was at a red light in cross traffic) and noticed the strange reflection was the safety orange "State Patrol" writing on the side of it. No light-bar on top.

I knew they were getting them, I just expected a LEO type paint job. Blue and white like the Crown Vics or something like that, but not silver.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Don't expect lightbars anymore. LED technology is now being mounted inside the cabin, along the headliner. These are supplemented with low mount LEDs ,4 corner 100-watt strobes, and wig-wags. If you ever get to see one, they light up like a christmas tree. Makes me feel kind of jealous, I thought my car was Bright!

They also have the push bumpers, but it is hard to identify that coming head on. All in all, these new cars are sneaky.

:handcuffs: :ninja:

10. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Am I correct in assuming that push bumpers are stiffer than normal bumpers used for pushing cars?

11. tony218

tony218 New Member

i thought there was a law that said police cars had to
    have lights on the roof before they could pull anyone
    over. seems like i saw that on here somewhere.

12. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

They operate under the Italian Rules of Driving

13. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I haven't heard that before. I've seen plenty of people pulled over by unmarked cars.

14. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

§ 40-1-7. Blue light required for officers enforcing traffic; exception

Whenever pursuing a person in violation of a traffic related offense, a uniformed law enforcement officer who is assigned routinely or primarily to traffic law enforcement or other traffic safety duties on the roadways or highways of this state must place a visible blue light on the roof of his or her vehicle if such vehicle is not equipped with permanent exterior mounted roof blue lights; provided, however, that the provisions of this Code section shall not apply to law enforcement officers operating vehicles manufactured prior to 2001. This Code section shall not apply to any officer assigned to special operations activities or responding to an immediate threat to public safety as a result of an accident or other emergency. This Code section shall not apply to vehicles of the Georgia State Patrol or of a sheriff's office or police department which office or police department provides law enforcement services by certified peace officers 24 hours a day, seven days a week where the vehicles are marked in accordance with Code Section 40-8-91, with flashing or revolving colored lights visible under normal atmospheric conditions for a distance of 500 feet from the front and rear of such vehicle, and which also has an illuminating agency identifier reasonably visible to a driver of a vehicle subject to a traffic stop; provided, however, that the Georgia State Patrol shall not be permitted to have more than two vehicles per post without such exterior mounted roof lights; and provided, further, that a sheriff's office or police department shall not be permitted to have more than one vehicle per agency without such exterior mounted roof lights. An otherwise lawful arrest shall not be invalidated or in any manner affected by failure to comply with this Code section.

HISTORY: Code 1981, § 40-1-7, enacted by Ga. L. 2000, p. 1313, § 1; Ga. L. 2006, p. 231, § 1/SB 64; Ga. L. 2007, p. 47, § 40/SB 103.

15. tony218

tony218 New Member

does that mean that if they have three cars without roof mounted
    lights at the local post they can't pull you over.
    of course how would you know but could be useful in court

thanks, mp, thats the one i was thinking of.

16. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

I would imagine they could be reprimanded in some form, but you would still have to do the time or pay the fine.

17. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Probably urban legend but my office invited a GSP officer to a training session for our contract workers to talk about driving safely. He told us as an aside that (here is where the legend begins) some legislators wife had been pulled over by a slick-top and gotten a speeding ticket. She complained because she "didn't know he was a cop". I guess if you don't know there is an officer around and you speed it is OK. Anyway, she complained and the legislator pushed legislation though somehow stating you couldn't run radar from a slick-top patrol car. He did say there was a grandfather clause based on the model year of the vehicle. Again, likely an urban legend but that is what I heard.

18. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 10:13

I saw one that had a very unlucky person pulled over the other day.

19. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Well, the law has been changed.