Saw Open Carry in Cartersville Today

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by AeroShooter, Oct 13, 2007.

1. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

I was having lunch at <plug>Larry's Subs</plug> today with my wife today when a patron came in while OC'ing. She was asked by the son of a member of the staff why she was carrying a stun gun. She replied, "Oh no, honey, this is a real gun. I carry it for my protection". I had a brief conversation with her. She was unfamiliar with GCO / GPDO, so I referred her to the websites. Hopefully, we'll see her here.

Back Story: I had originally assumed she was a LEO because there was a group of individuals arriving in a BCSO K9 vehicle. She was actually a private citizen unaffiliated (to my knowledge) with the K9 detail. I was unsure the guys in the BCSO vehicle were LEO's 'cuz they were dressed in sweats & football jerseys. Anyway, while I'm talking with the lady, they're ordering and when she & I had reached the 'what'cha carrying' / 'show me your's, I'll show you mine (holstered, of course)' part of the conversation, one dude was lookin' real hard at these two folks with guns in the sandwich shop. Nothing was said to us... interesting day.

2. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

What gun was she packing? What caliber? What type of holster? :eek:

3. AeroShooter

Glock 26, with extended magazine...

It was an OWB, paddle... looked like a Fobus...

She also had a young daughter with her...

4. AeroShooter

Not knowing her well enough, I would be reluctant to make 'Hot Mom' comments, out of respect... I'm sure others here would not hesitate.

5. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

My wife complained to me about the guy OCing at Jim Ellis Saab this morning. She quit complaining when I covered it up. :mrgreen:

6. Claire

Claire New Member

maybe he was wishing he had a purty gun too ;)

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

See - no harassment. Again, not an issue.

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:lol: