Savannah Morning News Article on HB89

Discussion in 'In the News' started by S&W 40, Feb 14, 2007.

1. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

All if you have the time please check this link and how off base it is on the law and the bill.

http://savannahnow.com/node/227159

Also please register and leave a comment, I did and it was long. I may not have been 100% correct on verbage and all but the general point is there. I had to take and hour after I put my thoughts in digits before I could read it with a clearer head and send.

These evil reports must be stopped,,,, I forgot the have the First Amendment.

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Nice response. I'm not sure that I can add anything by commenting further, unless I post "what he said". I'll keep checking in though to see if any "anti's" post a message. We all know how cerebral their responses are.

I'll be in Savannah this weekend for my fifth wedding anniversary getaway weekend...yes, I'll be with my wife.

3. Watch_Their_Hands

Watch_Their_Hands New Member

I thought it was a very good response. Nice work. I responded as well.

4. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Pro2am, WTH, All

Thanks for the response, even if you are not in this area leave a comment with the paper. I called the editor for the opinion page and never received a call back; I will be calling again and again in the morning to ensure they print a correction. The last time I checked this article had over 330 views and only 2 comments both pro, please leave a comment if you can so I can comment to the editor Thursday about the responses.

I am also working on editing my comment for a letter to the editor if you have any constructive input please pass onto me. I know this would be easy to make a whole page and they would not print so I will be referencing the link to my coments on their website in my letter so I can keep it to a manageable length. I never did mention the "Absurd level" reference or several other issues I believe most could make issue with.

If you looked at this garbage and did not notice they do not list a author, all other opinions and letters to the editor do... :?:

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:wink:

6. pro2am

pro2am New Member

I'll go back and add a comment...it makes sense to do that.

On a similar subject, I make it a habit of reading the AJC Cherokee county Vent and sent one in yesterday regarding the car carry in response to an "anti" comment.

If you get a chance, check out the responses...especially the one with "blood will be on your hands" comment. It would be comical if it weren't so sad that people are that clueless about the laws in this state.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/ ... ovent.html

7. Malum Prohibitum

There are now 4 comments. All for our side. Not a single comment supportive of the editorial.

8. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

[​IMG]

9. Malum Prohibitum

10. Foul

Foul New Member

I'm not even going to reply to them.
    I'm gonna sit here and smile while running my fingers thru thousands of rounds of ammo.

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Don't forget to keep repeating:

"MY PRECIOUS........"

[​IMG]

12. Foul

Foul New Member

Shoot...

I KNEW I forgot to add something... :p