Savannah LEO on True TV

Discussion in 'Georgia In the News' started by GAGunOwner, Oct 11, 2010.

1. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

I just watched a portion of Over the Limit on True TV.

Early on the officer started with the "get guns of the street" talk. :roll:

The Savannah police detained a guy for riding a bicycle without a light on it. They patted him down and he had a handgun on him.

Anyway, the guy didn't have ID on him or a GWL. He claimed that he had a GFL but left it at home. He had a pocket full of money (since when is that illegal?).

The guy had a High-Point that the officer called a Saturday-night special and a boat anchor.

The officer said that he GA law required you to carry a picture ID on you, I think he said speciffically when carrying a gun.

He also made a big deal about the guy carrying 9mm hollow points. He said that only military and LE can legally get 9mm hollow points. :screwy:

Another officer asked the guy where he got the ammo and the guy said Wal-Mart. The officer said negative, you can't get that at Wal-Mart.

The guy claimed that he legally bought the handgun at a pawn shop, that its in his name, and has a GFL at home that he forgot to keep with him. I think they contacted his grandmother at home and she wasn't able to find the GFL. The officer said that they didn't want to spend anymore time trying to find his GFL.

The officer said that the guy needs to get to the courthouse and get a GFL. The guy says he already has one. The cop informed the guy that you must carry in a holster in GA (the guy wasn't using a holster).

The guy was arrested for carrying the gun and the missing light.

2. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

I've heard all that "get guns off the street talk." :screwy:

I wonder what all these peace officers are going to do with its legal to carry open and concealed without a license in Georgia? I'm sure they are all for the idea of Constitutional carry, since it is the supreme law of the land. I'm sure they are all for unlicensed carry open and concealed.

3. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

whats wrong about getting guns off the streets. I am sure no one here wants to drive down the road and see guns laying on the vents to keep warm or huddled around a trash can with a small fire. Is it wrong to want to give all the guns on the street a nice warm dry place to live. :lol:

4. vr6glidriver

vr6glidriver New Member

Well at least there was some truth :shattered: :hide:

5. sirkut

sirkut Member

Considering Operation Repo is supposed to be fake I wouldn't put it past this being fake either.

6. Macktee

Macktee New Member

How dare you?

How dare that cop?

A cop who not only doesn't know GA gun laws, he doesn't know guns!

My Hi-Point would have its feelings hurt to hear those rude comments.

I have a 9mm Hi-Point and, while it is really heavy, not particularly well balanced and more than just a bit awkward in the hand, it has been 100% reliable. It's also remarkably accurate. The only other semi-auto I own I can make the same comments about is a WWII "bring-back" Walther P-38. That's why I carry a revolver...

I bought the Hi-Point cheap. Quite cheap. Then, I discovered it had problems. Soooooo. I sent it back to Hi-Point as, like Zippo, their products are guaranteed forever! They repaired it to better than new. I sent them a damaged pistol, they returned me the original receiver, but just about every other part was brand new, including a ghost ring sight and a couple of new magazines! I can't say enough good things about that company. Honestly!!!

Now, if only their guns were smaller, lighter and better balanced..........

[​IMG]

7. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Starting with the officer safety pat down, there are so many things wrong with what the officer did and said that I lost track. Maybe he was just talking tough to get more camera time. At any rate, he needs a serious re-education in Georgia laws.

8. groats

groats New Member

Remember, the police can lie all they want.
    I guess that also applies while they're on tv.

And any lie that fits into the liberal agenda isn't
    going to be questioned by tv folks. Especially those
    tv folks whose continued income depends upon the
    cooperation of police departments.

9. Speevl

Speevl Active Member

Huh? :shakehead:

10. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

I've probably mentioned before that you can be arrested for anything, including the proverbial "eating a ham sandwich without rye bread on Sunday, to the detriment of the Public."

Arrest is one thing, conviction is another.
    What is the better metric of effective policing?
    IF Officer Alpha made 100 arrests last month and had 10 convictions and Officer Beta made 50 arrests last month and had 49 convictions, which one really had the more effect on crime?

11. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

Officer Beta would probably get a talking-to from his superiors for increasing the crime stats in their quarterly reporting. :lol: There was an article written about a precinct in NY that told their officers to "look busy" (lots of stop & frisks/harrassment) but not to generate arrests as this could make their area look crime-ridden. Can't win for losing.

12. elandil

elandil Redneck Engineer

:righton:

13. Ace12

Ace12 Member

The only time you are required to have a picture ID is when your driving, correct? Or was I misinformed?

14. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

AFAIK... Picture ID? No... Valid driver's license? Yes.

For a while there, one couldn't -- their shelves were always empty.

The signing of SB308 was the most effective way to get guns off the street since we are no longer required to throw them out the window on the way to the airport, or to church, or when we're about to pass a crowd of people, or...

15. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

:rotfl2:

16. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Not going to drop the GCO line in my sig so I can fit that in. Darn that character count limit. :shattered:

17. CoffeeMate

SB308 was an effective way to get guns off the street as the law no longer requires us to throw them out the window on the way to the airport, or church, or before passing a crowd of people, or...

(Does that help? It's about 40 characters less)

18. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Had to edit it down further, but got it. :righton:

19. CoffeeMate

If it helps to improve the wording, please feel free to take my name off of it for a few extra characters and just use it as your own. :D

20. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Credit goes where credit is due. :wink: